One of many. (Introduction)

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Vynirakk
Slave on the Altar

One of many. (Introduction)

Post by Vynirakk »

Hello all,

I will make this as brief as I can in the certainty that these pits will be inundated with new slaves in the wake of the next Druchii expansionary force (Which looks pretty cool).
My name is Micheil and my first language is Gaidhlig (Scottish) I have played 40K for a while although there have been a number of breaks in between. I have actually not played more than 4 games in the new edition.
My hobbies include most target sports ranging from knife throwing through archery to pistols and rifles, along with 40K, RP, martial arts and programming. I also collect snakes and spiders.
My painting skills leave much to be desired but I like to think I am not terrible at building or converting models which I hope to improve through the usual method of posting a picture and having the image CC(ed) to heck.

I have been introduced to the Druchii by the manager of the local GW store, Since I play Tyranid and Dark Eldar in 40K he thought the Druchii would be the next logical step. I do not have an army at present but have one on order.
I have read the Fantasy rule book cover to cover but will not get to actually play a game until the week after the release, so do excuse any blaring mistakes or newbie questions.

Other than that I look forward to being a part of the community and will see all around no doubt.

~Vyn
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Re: One of many. (Introduction)

Post by Drainial »

Welcome to the site, you certainly have good timing.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Irrelevant
Trainee Warrior

Post by Irrelevant »

Welcome to D.net, and to the Druchii.
Collecting spiders and snakes...? Dear God. I think you'll fit in perfectly.
Vynirakk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Vynirakk »

Drainial: Thank you. Yes I imagine there will be a flurry of activity for the next 6 months then cheap armies to snatch up on Ebay.

Irrelevant: Thank you, They are my family <3
Irrelevant
Trainee Warrior

Post by Irrelevant »

I can imagine the look on your opponents face, when you put down a snake on the table and calmly explaining that this is your 'count as' Hydra.
Vynirakk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Vynirakk »

Its actually the spider people dislike more.
I did joke abour releasing my army of locust to "count as" hormogaunts... No one laughed.