Forsaken Asrai

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Gerner
Noble

Forsaken Asrai

Post by Gerner »

Hey.

For the last months time I have been lurking your forum so I thought I better introduce myself as I guess I will hopefully making a few post soon enough.

A bit about my self; I'm 23 years old and live in Copenhagen. I'm a Vegan, an activist, some would call me a troublemaker. I have a small dog called Fenris who is the most important being in my life.
I have been playing tabletop (WFRP 1st & 2nd ED) for a very long time, but since I moved to Copenhagen that stopped - so I instead started painting miniatures in the 40k traitor style.
After a break up with my now former girl friend I found a bunch of friends also playing warhammer, but it was fantasy. After half a year they convinced me to start, so back in May I started out with Wood Elves. It was great fun at first even though you get beaten up, sooner or later it gets to you how old, non-diverse and bad the book is.
With the new Dark Elves book coming out I decided to betray my tree loving brothers and follow the path of shadows.
Honestly I'm not hooked on all the Dark Elves lore, so I will try to write up my own lore with either some outcast asrai or druchii - time will tell.

Looking forward to spending time with everyone in here. :)

- Gerner
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Forsaken Asrai

Post by Calisson »

Welcome tree-hugger Gerner to D.net!
You'll find out that imminent DE are bound to be more powerful than Asrai, but certainly won't provide easy victories.
Also, don't trash too soon your WE models, yo umight get a nice surprise in less than a year.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Torakeen
Trainee Warrior

Post by Torakeen »

Welcome to the community Gerner. It's exciting times for the Dark Elves at this time. Some incredible sculpts from the GW artists are even now available. The nice thing about fantasy is you CAN make up your army lore, and I encourage you to do so in a way that makes you happy with your army choice. Regardless, there are numerous helpful people on this site in all areas of the hobby to help with your change from WE to DE! Glad to have you.
Gerner
Noble

Post by Gerner »

@Callison: Gaarh - hate the word tree hugger and hippie.. But thanks. ;)
I'm currently working on my models which will be a combination of Dark Elves, Wood Elves, Dark Eldars and a few other bits - so I'm running the middle way between WE and DE like a few others I have seen. Looking forward to seeing the new WE book, but knowing that there would go atleast half a year I thought I would jump Elves.
It can only be easier than their asrai brothers.

@Torakeen: Thanks. I'm not that excited about the new DE models, but a great fan of the Dark Eldar models. I agree you can make your own lore to a limit - and that is what I'm going for. The druchii forum does indeed seem a lot more lively (and spam free) than the asrai forum which I love. Thanks again. :)

I will hopefully soon get a plog up to show a test miniature or two. :)