New guy here!

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dark Zen
Slave (off the Altar)

New guy here!

Post by Dark Zen »

Hi there guys.

My name's Andrew and I'm starting up Dark Elves with the release of the new book upon us. Here's a little bit about my WHFB history.

I started playing at the start of 8th edition, after fooling around with 40k for a couple of years but never getting into it enough to learn the rules properly. Ironically, me and my friend started playing Fantasy after taking a trip into GW for him to buy some Tau Empire stuff for his birthday, 3 years ago. I said we should give the Island of Blood demo game a go, and along with his Tau, we picked up the starter box. However, from the demo game, I wasn't sold on the 'goody goody' High Elves, so picked up a Dark Elf battalion.

When I bought the army book a few days later, I gave it a quick read along with the rule book, but decided they weren't for me. T3 seemed to not match my playstyle, and also with most of their models being metal, which I struggle to work with, they went on eBay and that was the end of that.

Since then, I've gone from army to army to army, but never really achieved much with them, modelling, painting, or playing wise. I did have an Ogre Kingdoms army that I spent a good couple of years playing on and off, but none of the armies I tried really 'scratched that itch' so to speak.

Aesthetically, I've always loved the look of the Lizardmen, and Dark Elves, and since selling my Dark Elves battalion years ago and trying nearly every Fantasy army since, I've always felt the urge to give Dark Elves another go, as I was tired of Ogres, Lizardmen, Chaos, and all the other T4 races.

With the rumours of a new book upon us, and a whole host of new PLASTIC models ( :D :D :D ), I decided to take a risk. I sold all my other WHFB armies, in order to fund my Dark Elves and clear some space.

So I thought I'd register here, to learn, and share, information regarding my (hopefully) first ever REAL army for Fantasy.

I'll be opening a paint log soon, I've already painted up a Sorceress, and I'm well on the way to completing my first Cold One Knight, so here's hoping that I stick with an army for once!

Thanks,
Andrew
Dark Elves 8th edition book record - Played 2 - Won 1 - Drawn 0 - Lost 1
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: New guy here!

Post by Calisson »

Welcome Dark Zen to D.net! :)

Be prepared, that imminent DE will be more a glass cannon than ever.
Not only they remain T3, but worse, they become more expensive.
It will require great talent to get the most of it. Still, there seems to be great powerful potential for the gifted generals.

And... the models are really nice.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: New guy here!

Post by xFallenx »

Welcome to the site, you've joined us at a very exciting time.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0