Malek Blighteye of Hag Graef awaiting an audience, my Lord.

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Gold Snake
Slave on the Altar

Malek Blighteye of Hag Graef awaiting an audience, my Lord.

Post by Gold Snake »

It's Dan Abnett and Mile Lee's fault. Mostly.

I've been intrigued in the Dark Elves ever since I saw the box artwork for the Dark Elf Spearmen way back in 2006 on a shelf, at the time I was still in my "in the hobby because I'm a giant LotR fanboy" stage, and I hadn't gone over to Games Workshop's main game systems, but the artwork of organized ranks of masked, murderous elves in a shieldwall formation stayed with me. A few years later, after dabbling in Space Marines and Empire, I picked up the first Malus Darkblade omnibus while in college. From that moment on, I was utterly screwed, and swore my allegiance to the Witch-King.

Thus the Druchii became my first *real* army (and to this date more or less still my only one), and easily my favourite part of the Old World's fluff - which I adore in general. I've now reached roughly in the realms of 2500-3000 points' worth of models, and will endeavour to continue with some of the dubious models found in the 8th Ed release.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: Malek Blighteye of Hag Graef awaiting an audience, my Lo

Post by T.D. »

You are officially cool 8)

Enjoy le forum. Lots of good stuff in here :twisted:
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame