The Sateru Black Arc

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Artfactial
Warrior

The Sateru Black Arc

Post by Artfactial »

Greetings, my twisted kin,

I’ve been a long time Druchii player and lurker at this site and thought it would be a good opportunity to join you lot in the reveling in our new rules.
I started Whfb around 2001 in 6th ed. with Dark Elves and at some point got tired of getting beaten by Orcs and Woc I sort of slipped out of the game.
Around the release of 8th ed. me and a couple of colleagues decided to get back into it and I started a Skaven army. When this had grown to a pretty monstrous size I started growing my Dark Elves for some more variety.

Now the time has come to unleash the power of my Druchii once again.
My army is themed around the idea of a smallish Black Arc that is controlled by a powerful coven of sorceresses and the squabbling nobility.
This means allot of corsairs and sea raiding units, a nasty amount of Cold Ones(usually putting my general in with a unit of 10 knights) and a whole score of different sorceresses to pick from.
At the moment I’m toying around with new character builds since all but one got made obsolete by the new book.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: The Sateru Black Arc

Post by Calisson »

Welcome Artfact to D.net!
Good times for corsair based armies.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Welcome! As Calisson said, corsair based armies would be a sight to see....so long as the lord can keep from sinking into the sand... not to mention sinking the skiff's. ;)
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Artfactial
Warrior

Post by Artfactial »

Thank you for the welcoming!

I'd like to think of my Nauglir as mixed breed with something akin to Galapagos iguanas(one actually is painted in this fashion).
Am planning to add a lot more speed to the army with a couple of DR/Warlock units as the new upgrades give me all the more reason to take the old Manticore out from the pens.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

welcom aboard admiral
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra