total noob

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

superbum
Slave on the Altar

total noob

Post by superbum »

So I just started playing warhammer, I have maybe 8 games under my belt, I have alot of questions but most of them can be answered with the search function, except how to win.

I have been playing against only one opponent while I gradually build up my forces, have tied him once and been beaten every other time. I think alot of this has to do with my list, which is getting better all the time. It's still a little bit of a downer though, and now he is going to start playing his WoC.

Although he won't come out and say it, I'm under the impression my opponent is pretty good, but I think he plays pretty conventionally. What strategies are good against WoC?
Drek
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: total noob

Post by Drek »

Welcome to Warhammer, and to Dark Elves! Glad to have you.

Warriors of Chaos are like a hammer. They are resilient and smash into enemies head on and pound them down. We, on the other hand, are more like a stiletto. With experience, you will learn how to stab in just the right place to deliver the death blow.

First thing to do is to learn how to use your Dark Riders to redirect his units so you only fight the battles you want. That's how you win with DE- fight where YOU choose.

There's lots of good stuff here, keep at it and you will get it before long.
superbum
Slave on the Altar

Post by superbum »

No dark riders yet, I plan on picking them up right after I get some warlocks. I am very interested in having an all cav army, it seems appropriate for dark elves.
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Welcome to the site. An all mounted Cav list is a lot of fun to play, not that I've played it with the new book as yet... those core witches are just so damned alluring.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0