noob of the noobs :-)

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

sabandy
Slave on the Altar

noob of the noobs :-)

Post by sabandy »

hey guys

i'm andy de meyer,live in Belgium, i'm 38 years old, i just started to learn warhammer a 14 days ago, didn't know nothing about it :-)

it seems to me a very interesting game, with a lot of rules i gave to learn ;-(

i want my first army to be, a dark elves army, they seems to me very cool.

the only struggle i now have at the moment is, which army to built, to get a start to learn warhammer

it's great for me that i found this site, so i can learn a lot and ask very noob-questions :-)

thx in advance

andy de meyer
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: noob of the noobs :-)

Post by Calisson »

Welcome sabandy-the-noob to D.net.
We all started a newbie, even if for some of us it seems ages ago.

This games attracts people of all ages, and the addiction is often a long lasting one.
It is nice to collect models, to paint & customize them.
It is nice to toy with army lists, to balance the merits of units and how to combined them, and to decide for an army.
Fighting an opponent is of course the soul of the game.
For seasoned gamers, they like fine-tuning their army, learning subtle tactics and improve their gaming skills.

You will also find out that collecting models does not come fro free. It is not that much expensive compared to many other hobbies, but still.
Also, it requires a lot of time to paint one after one all the models.
Finally, playing games takes also many hours.
Add some time spent on the Internet, and that's a demanding hobby.
Please try to keep the site up to the quality you find already there.

You will soon find out why Dark Elves is said to be a glass cannon. This army has great potential, but is not forgiving for those generals who don't know well how to make good use of it.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}