Hello!

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kaic
Slave (off the Altar)

Hello!

Post by Kaic »

Hello everyone!

I am a brand new player to WHFB from the United States.

This will be my second miniatures games (I play WM/Hordes) and I can't wait to get started!

I'm hoping to pick up some ideas for DE tactics here and find a good starting point.

I haven't purchased any mini's yet, I just joined an escalation league at my local game shop.
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Hello!

Post by xFallenx »

Hey Mate. Welcome to the GW crack factory. You certainly picked the best army to get a start with & as you read through the forums you'll find that a greater collection of guy's'n'gal's can't be found anywhere.
Enjoy the escalation league, I had a blast with mine and am looking forward to trying another one out.
What point level are you starting at? The best box set per price & playability by far are the Dark Riders. Get yourself a sorceress &/or Hero on a Dark steed & you'll be flying right out of the gate... but that's just me and my play style. You'll soon find your own, which to me was one of the most exciting aspects of the hobby.
Anyway, good to have you, be sure to start a PLOG so we can see your army take shape.
F
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Usually we see people going the opposite way!

But to paraphrase Sinead O'Connor "Nothing compares to WHFB Dark Elves"*

Enjoy the Dark Side :twisted:

* except perhaps WH40K Dark Eldar :P
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Kaic
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Kaic »

Thanks for the welcome!

The starting point for the army is 500 points. What is a PLOG?
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

It's a painting log. A blog for what you're painting, effectively.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

When are you scheduled to play the first game? What level are you playing to?

As Rork said, a plog is a painting blog. It essentially creates a record of your growing army for yourself, and provides members of the site the opportunity to see new idea’s, paint scheme’s they may not have thought of themselves. It can also provide you with motivation to improve your paint skills and act as a forum for constructive criticisms on your work as you progress & evolve those skills.

I’ve made it sound maybe more difficult than it is, all you have to do is take a few photo’s & upload them to your own forum topic in the painting & modelling area of the forum, the rest will evolve on it’s own.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Kaic
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Kaic »

Sounds good, I'll definitely post some pictures when I get then painted. My first game will be this next Saturday (technically it started today, but I am out of town). We are going to play to 2,500 points (i think that's what you mean by level?). I did get my first set of models today, i can't wait to get home tomorrow and start putting them together.