Hey there!

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Marxesperat
Warrior

Hey there!

Post by Marxesperat »

Hey so my name is Matt and I am from England, I just spent about 2 hours online researching into Dark Elf material, tactics etc and so I thought upon coming across this website what better way to learn more about the Druchii in every aspect then to join a forum filled with players :p.

So I have only been playing fantasy for about 3 months, though I have been collecting the Dark Elf models for about a year and half, I always meant to play sooner but never got round to doing so. But with the new book I decided now was a better time then any to re kindle my flames of hatred and actually join the battle and currently I am sitting on 2000 points (ish) worth of models with 1500 fully assembled and 1200 fully painted.

But yes that is me, hope to get to talk lots.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Hey there!

Post by Calisson »

Welcome Marxesperat to D.net! :)
Good time to start a DE army.
You'll find out that it is not a point & click army, though. Be prepared to learn.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Marxesperat
Warrior

Post by Marxesperat »

Well with t3 round the bat can't really do that anyway, I've played Eldar in 40k before and so carried over a lot of the rules of thumb to follow. But yes I do like the idea of seeing some idea's and tactics here.
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Welcome to the site mate, good to have you. Start a plog so that we can see what you've done with you army so far and what you're working on next.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Amarok
Executioner

Post by Amarok »

Welcome, Marxesperat, and well met.

I second the call for a Plog. Show us whatcha got! (Please? :))

Cheers

Amarok
Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the One.
Born to bear and bring to all the details of our ending,
To write it down for all the world to see...

But I forgot my pen...
Marxesperat
Warrior

Post by Marxesperat »

Been out for a little while so haven't been able to see these posts until now. I'll paint as much as soon as I can and then I will share. with Christmas just coming I'll be able to show you 2000 ish worth of painted by feb hopefully.

One thing I am thinking of is converting a Malekith model to be on smaug, while I dont plan to ever reallly use him much beyond a fun game I'll just get a lot of fun and kicks out of it, also I feel like Malekith deserves a better looking Dragon, if the rumors about the Smaug model are true then I think it should be fitting will be checking the model before hand though.