Back to Dark Elves after forever

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Datalink7
Noble

Back to Dark Elves after forever

Post by Datalink7 »

Hi All,

Started posting on this forum again about a month ago I think, but thought I'd make an introduction thread.

When I started playing Warhammer around 1993 or so, Dark Elves were my first army. The reason I started playing them was that I loved the idea of Assassins.

I lost my first 23 games.

Dark Elves were hard back then, but I still had a lot of fun. I eventually got good with them, but as the years went on I ended up having to sell them to help pay for college. But they have always been my first love with this game. They got me into the hobby.

But I've been playing for a while (you can see my original join date for this forum). I'm 31 years old, and decided to get back into Dark Elves.

I'm still assembling a lot of mini's right now, and am in the middle of finals, so I've only got about 5 games in so far. But starting in January I should get a lot more, and I hope to start a Plog. I've been playing for 20 years or so now and am a very slow painter. I only have two painted armies (Ogres and Vamps) in that whole time, plus various random painted things. I hope to commit to Dark Elves though.

Anyway, I guess that's it for now.

By the way, any particular reason that this forum's population is way down? If I remember correctly, back in the day it was maybe even more popular than portent (the old warseer).
Ashes and Diamons,
Foe and Friend,
We are all equal,
In the End.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Back to Dark Elves after forever

Post by Calisson »

Datalink7 wrote:By the way, any particular reason that this forum's population is way down? If I remember correctly, back in the day it was maybe even more popular than portent (the old warseer).
There has been a significant drop of interest when Dark Elves changed overnight from underdog to overpowered (previous AB in previous edition).
Being underdog seemed to create a very strong solidarity.
Present AB with present RB seems on par with the rest of the armies.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Datalink7
Noble

Re: Back to Dark Elves after forever

Post by Datalink7 »

Calisson wrote:
Datalink7 wrote:By the way, any particular reason that this forum's population is way down? If I remember correctly, back in the day it was maybe even more popular than portent (the old warseer).
There has been a significant drop of interest when Dark Elves changed overnight from underdog to overpowered (previous AB in previous edition).
Being underdog seemed to create a very strong solidarity.
Present AB with present RB seems on par with the rest of the armies.

Ah, makes sense. Too bad though.
Ashes and Diamons,
Foe and Friend,
We are all equal,
In the End.