I come clad in Hate.

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kygarroth
Slave (off the Altar)

I come clad in Hate.

Post by Kygarroth »

G'day assorted villainy.

Ive recently moved from the big city to the most beautiful piece of coast ive ever seen in a long life of travel and plunder, and since im tired of 40k ( :badh: ) and the WHFB scene here is small im free to do whatever I want, and my fantasy fantasy army has always been Dark Elves. So here I am.

Im a long time GW fan, first got into it in 1993. I played WHFB as Chaos and Empire until about 8 years ago and Ive played 40k the entire time with my Slaaneshi warhost, plunging entire sectors into depraved abandon. I also played Quest solidly as a Executioner, assassin and corsair, so keen to try the RPG scene here.

Just sold about 80000pts combined miniatures (took almost 6 months) so I have a small amount of cash and a hell of a lot of ideas, very attracted by the epic mythology of the Druchii and really want to run a solid army.

Games are light on the ground here, but I am planning on entering a tournament later this year in our nations capital - its a big event and Im looking forward to it.

Thats about it, I have kids who are just old enough to fend for themselves so theres time to have a hobby again, I write alot and cook even more.

Yours in spite,
Kygarroth.
"Above all else, Hate the weak."
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: I come clad in Hate.

Post by Calisson »

Welcome Kygarroth to Druchii.net. :)
You seem to have plenty of fluffy ideas to share.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Kygarroth
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Kygarroth »

Thankyou Calisson, d.net is easily the best DE site going, I've already learned a lot and seen some great opportunities for conversion etc.

Well, back to browsing for idea... :D
Liquidedust
Highborn

Post by Liquidedust »

Kygarroth wrote:Thankyou Calisson, d.net is easily the best DE site going, I've already learned a lot and seen some great opportunities for conversion etc.

Well, back to browsing for idea... :D

80,000 pts :shock:

Thought my Dark Elves were a decent size at 17,000 pts

My Hobby Thread

Stats since I started playing again in 2013
W/L/D
Total: 16/21/1
vs. Demons: 0/2/0
vs. Dwarfs: 1/2/0
vs. Empire: 2/4/0
vs. High Elves: 0/4/0
vs. Lizardmen: 3/0/0
vs. Orcs & Goblins: 3/0/1
vs. Ogres: 1/0/0
vs. Skaven: 4/4/0
vs. Tomb Kings: 0/1/0
vs. Warriors of Chaos: 0/3/0
vs. Wood Elves: 2/1/0
Kygarroth
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Kygarroth »

Haha, yes. My wife has an entire new wardrobe out of it!

The collection spanned 20 odd years, 3 main armies (WoC, VC, and Empire) as well as sizeable chunks of pretty much every other army as well as 8 dragons (incl the limited forest dragon and original Gaulrach) and uncounted war machines.

Im glad to be able to start fresh, but I miss all those conversions and lmtd.ed. minis I collected, such is life i guess.
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Welcome to the site mate! Looking forward to your contributions.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0