Lurking No More

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Spiglett
Slave on the Altar

Lurking No More

Post by Spiglett »

Good morning, been lurking for a few months and thought i'd get involved a bit.

A bit of background about myself. My name is Mark, i'm 25 years old and work on London Underground as a train maintainer. I've been playing Warhammer 12 years now. My first army were High Elves who I played until numerous comments about how the army was for "noobs" and "for people who cant play the game" forced me to switch over to the Dark Elves briefly, this all stemmed from the introduction of Always Strike First across the whole High Elf army and a long string of victories. Funny whats happened now a few years later. After that I dabbled with Wood Elves (I love elves), The Empire, Vampire Counts and various 40k armies. When the previous Dark Elf army book was released I was hooked back in and haven't touched anything else since. I currently own about 3,000pts of Dark Elves and am trying to get a 2,000pt force painted up in time for february's Throne of Skulls tournament (my first tournament ever). I'm a notoriusly slow painter but have currently got 1,100pts painted and based so I'm feeling confident I'll be finished in time.

I think that will do as an 'introduction' for now. If anyone has any questions then please feel free to ask and I'll answer them. Hopefully during my stay I can share my views on various Dark Elf bits and pieces and improve as a player.

Cheers guys,
Spig
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Lurking No More

Post by Calisson »

Welcome Spiglett to D.net!
Some more experience is always welcome, especially with you knowledge from inside about our worst enemies.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Spiglett
Slave on the Altar

Post by Spiglett »

Cheers Calisson, i'll offer what advice I can. Haven't played much over the last year (thanks work!) so i'm not sure how great that advice will be :|
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Welcome to the site Spiglett, good luck to you on getting ready for/at your upcoming first tourney! Once the dust has settled, I know I'm not alone in asking for details on how the tourney went, but set up a PLOG so we can see the finished tourney army.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0