Coming back to Warhammer after many years

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

skawtiep
Slave on the Altar

Coming back to Warhammer after many years

Post by skawtiep »

Hello!

I posted on these forums maybe 10 years ago. Great to see that they're still around, unfortunately I couldn't remember my old user name/password, and I don't even recall what email address I used back then. High school feels so long ago.

I'm looking to get back into the Warhammer hobby. A quick introduction of my Warhammer history, I started playing in 6th edition when my brother and I received the starter set box containing Empire vs Orcs. I slowly built up an Empire force but quickly switched to Dark Elves quickly after their release. I played Warhammer regularly(although lost a lot) through a summer campaign in 2004(?) when the Dark Elves received alternate rules for the Cult of Slaanesh. My Annointed on Slaanesh Steed: http://i.imgur.com/90Zuy9G.jpg I'm was never a great artist, but it's a model I'm most proud of.

I ended up getting pretty busy with school, then college, and then work nowadays, but randomly read up on any Warhammer things in that time though. Recently, I noticed an actual Games Workshop store opened up in the city I worked in(in Minnesota, USA). This seemed like a big deal and I had to check it out. I'd never been to an official store before. I went on a Friday evening after work and one of the guys I used to play with many years ago was their playing. He talked me into giving playing a few games with him. Now I'm currently cleaning off the dust and re-assembling anything that may have fallen apart(specifically those pesky Executioner swords) and otherwise preparing for battle.

Happy to be back on board.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: Coming back to Warhammer after many years

Post by Amboadine »

Hello and welcome
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Welcome indeed.
This website is full of resources and goodwilling people.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Welcome to the site! Enjoy the exploration, there is so much to read and see.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0