Greetings from Sylvania.

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Ventra
Slave (off the Altar)

Greetings from Sylvania.

Post by Ventra »

Greetings,

Thought I'd make a short introduction as of how I found my way to the Druchii.

Started off with warhammer about a year ago with Vampire Counts. Since I've come close to finishing that army I decided I was up for another army. And after many many hours of searching, making decisions I decided to go with Dark elves.

As for warhammer. I'm a fan of magic heavy armies with a wide variety of choices. So with the option of dark elves having a good core (better than VC), a decent back up arsenal of magic and an actual shooting fase(!), great looking models.. and so on.

I've already got a theme worked out for my future DE army. Wich will mainly consist of female characters with some converting etc. What can I say, I love the thought of having women beat my opponents armies. ;)

So far I've been doing a run down on all the choices in the army, also comparing them to VC models.
I've noticed that many tend to go with a dreadlord in their army but I've found that either hellebron(with supreme sorc) or even malekith would be better options. I'd like to know what you guys think of those 3 as most of you will certainly have fielded one of these.
Note: I usually play 2500 - 3000 games mainly vs. Chaos dwarves(*shrugs*), skaven, WoC and our beloved cousins (HE).

Nice meeting you all :)
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: Greetings from Sylvania.

Post by Amboadine »

Firstly welcome to Druchii. Nice to see you sticking to the dark side.
As for the characters, I have seen Morathi and Hellebron used, although Morathi more so. I cant actually ever recall Malkith being in a list at the points levels you are looking at.
If you look through the lists here you will note that most lord choices are a Lvl 4. We have good magic make the most of it. Occasionally you will see a dragonlord list.
All can be used for good effect and there is really no bad choice other than a Fleet master.
Good luck whatever you decide to go with.
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Greetings from Sylvania.

Post by xFallenx »

Heya! Welcome to the site. There is a tourney in our local that allows us to field special characters at a 50%/up to 300 point savings & because of this had plans on putting Malkith in a CO bus. Alas there is just no way I can break away for a whole weekend.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0