New to Naggaroth

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

California Corsair
Slave on the Altar

New to Naggaroth

Post by California Corsair »

Hello all! New Dark Elf players here, checking in.

We're pretty new to the hobby. I just started a year ago with 40k, and my fiancee has never played or painted before. We're getting married this year and we decided to collect and paint an army in our wedding colors. Dark elves caught our eye, we picked Karond Kar as our home city, and now here we are.

The plan is to paint up 1k points over this summer. The whole army will be plastic (no metal or Finecast if possible). We got the new Warhost of Naggaroth box, and we might throw in a Kharibdyss too. Once it's all painted the plan is to take it to a local tournament and kick some ass. :)

Hopefully we can show off our painting progess on the P&M board and get some advice on possible army lists.
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: New to Naggaroth

Post by Thraundil »

Arw, thats sweet.

Sweetness and romance has no place in Naggaroth!

No seriously. Congratulations on finding that special person. Look forward to seeing the Dreadlord (or dreadlady?) and Supreme Sorceress (or Sorcerer?) next to each other ;)
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

:shock: <Very surprised to see a mention of Karond Kar as a honeymoon city!>

Welcome California Corsair to D.net! :)

The Dark Elves Warhost of Naggaroth contains:
1 Black Ark Fleetmaster => I suggest to convert him into a Battle Standard Bearer, as the statistics for Fleetmaster are so discouraging.
1 Scourgerunner Chariot => I suggest a COC rather than a scourgerunner.
1 box of Cold One Knights => I suggest only the musician for such a small unit; you'll add the rest of the command group with your next box.
2 boxes of Dreadspears => The most powerful is to mount them as crossbowmen. I suggest a single unit of 20, full command, shields.
2 boxes of Corsairs => The best is a single unit, full command, 2 weapons.

In addition to the warhost, a K-beast/hydra=> the hydra might be a better option than the K-beast.

You will need magic, and I suggest you got a better general than the Fleetmaster.
You can solve both by adding a sorceress, preferably mobile on a Dark Steed (you could use one extra DS from scourgerunner, if you find suitable legs somewhere).

You will need some agile troop, which you have none.
Agile troops are Dark Riders, Harpies, Shades, Warlocks, Masters on Dark Steed or Pegasus. I recommend 1 such unit per 500 pts. The most powerful in that list are the warlocks.

Final note, Dark Elves make a sophisticated army that requires a lot of practice to be deadly. Definitively not a point & click army.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
stuaker
Warrior

Post by stuaker »

Welcome! Look forward to seeing the army all painted
Started Warhammer with Dark Elves in 2002, stopped playing in 2005. Came back in 2013.
Other armies; Tyranids, Lizardmen
Main opponents: Slaanesh Daemons, Tomb Kings, Savage Orcs.
Anyone in New Zealand for games and trades?
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Hello and welcome to Druchii.
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Welcome to the site & congratz on the upcoming nuptials. My bride wants very little to do with my hobby, which actually suits me fine, so it’s refreshing to hear that the two of you share this together.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
California Corsair
Slave on the Altar

Post by California Corsair »

Thanks everyone!

Calisson: That's almost exactly how we built the box. Definitely looking at a sorceress in the future, and probably some dark riders too. We might even get a Kharibdyss and a Hydra. They both seem powerful, although the K model is so much nicer!