And my new army shall be Dark Elves!

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Mioum
Slave (off the Altar)

And my new army shall be Dark Elves!

Post by Mioum »

Greetings everyone! I'm new to these board, and new to Dark Elves (or any Elves) in general :D

I'm not new to Warhammer though, more the opposite actually. Started playing playing with the 5th edition with my trusty Undead, and outside of a few years off near the end of 5th/start of 6th, I haven't left the hobby since!

My main armies haven't changed much over time, I kept the undead theme going and now have sizable armies of both Tomb Kings and Vampires, with the Tomb Kings claiming the top spot in my heart! I have other armies too, with my not-so-small Empire with about 5000 point worth of troops, and a small Khorne Daemons force that is more a collecting project.

With the Dark Elves I intend to build a respectable force, starting out by planning an army between 2000-2500 points in size, and once that done, I'll probably find more stuff to add to it! I'll be original and will do a Witch Elves/Khainite force for me theme (like everyone and there mother I fear). That's something I wanted to do for quite a few years now, just a bad timing I guess that now it's a very good and/or popular theme with the new book.

Hobby-wise I'm more about building and converting personally, that's what I like to do best. I have more of a love/hate relationship with painting though. I love painted models, but painting them is not always an exciting prospect! For the Dark Elves though, I'll try a new approach, wich will be to buy a box and paint it before getting more. Will that last long? Well I can say I already broke that since I pre-ordered some 60 Witch Elves from Avatar of Wars, ha! So much for self control :oops:

I ordered the book and a box of Witch Elves to start me off though, wich should get here any day now. I hope to get those Witches (wich I'll build as Sisters of Slaughter) painted before getting more box though, and hopefully before getting overloaded by the AoW models!

See you around :)
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: And my new army shall be Dark Elves!

Post by Amboadine »

Hello and welcome to Druchii.
Hope you find what you need here, and look forward to seeing you post some pictures of your army as it grows.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

60 WE? :shock: That's an awesome introduction if any!
Welcome Mioum to D.net!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Mioum
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Mioum »

Calisson wrote:60 WE? :shock: That's an awesome introduction if any!
Welcome Mioum to D.net!

Sixty of them, yep! The initial list I did as a frame work had 2 units of 28 WE for my core, so when I saw those AoW models and the pre-order deal (30 for the price of 20), I jumped on it and had my core settled for a while right there :D They won't be released for a while thought, so I have time to prepare for it!
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Now you can squeeze in two cauldrons of blood and you will have an extremely powerful core if it's not dealt with quickly :P
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Dragon9
Assassin

Post by Dragon9 »

Greeting and welcome! However, I found one problem with your post:

Mioum wrote:With the Dark Elves I intend to build a respectable force,

There is nothing respectable about Dark Elves. We're all a bunch lying, conniving, back stabbing, murderers. :lol:
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

My Blog: A Small World - My Life in Miniatures

Image Image
Mioum
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Mioum »

Dalamar wrote:Now you can squeeze in two cauldrons of blood and you will have an extremely powerful core if it's not dealt with quickly :P

My first draft of the list don't included any Cauldron, mainly because we don't really play with power list/units or a tournament setting. And the Cauldron look quite on the strong side, at least theoretically, when I look at it from the outside. But, I managed to buy one on the cheap, so yeah, another instance where I can't keep to my own rule of buying slowly :P Even if I don't end up using it in-game, I wanted to have the model down the road, as a Witch/Khainite army kinda need a Cauldron :)

Dragon9 wrote:Greeting and welcome! However, I found one problem with your post:

Mioum wrote:With the Dark Elves I intend to build a respectable force,

There is nothing respectable about Dark Elves. We're all a bunch lying, conniving, back stabbing, murderers. :lol:

Thanks! Sorry for my foul language, I meant in term of size of the army of course, but I guess I could have chosen my words more wisely, like saying a visciously-decent army or a frenzied-stabbing-warhost or something :P