Hello druchii

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sangfroid
Executioner

Hello druchii

Post by Sangfroid »

Hi everyone,

I am a returning WHFB player coming home after about a 14 year absence. I began playing believe it or not in the first edition though I don't really remember much except losing (my brother is 7 yrs my senior and used to line up his chaos warriors against my skeletons equal number of models not points!!) I stayed faithful to the undead though and after 15 or so years of campaigning my forces were finally defeated and dispersed by the great enemy all should fear..... Real life! (Aiiiieeeeeeee)

So I decide to play again and as I had to start afresh I have spent some time looking through the different armies and have fallen for the Dark elves (honestly who wouldn't)

Aiming initially to build up a 2-2.5k force, gravitating to strong contingent of CoK with a lord and master/bsb, dark riders, shades, Corsairs, blackguard (I love the 7th edition metals), and so on.... With a view to fielding a balanced force able to have a chance at all comers.

The only downside I can see is that won't be able to take everything :-)

So far I have had a little look around this site and am really impressed with the content, so a thanks from me to all who have contributed as you will be helping me in my endeavours immensely.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Hello druchii

Post by Calisson »

Bienvenue Sangfroid to Druchii.net! :)

You can build an effective army around a strong force of COK indeed. DR and shades will complement them well.
Corsairs & BG have some similar properties, being infantry with 2A. You might wish to add some way to increase attacks (witchbrew or Tullaris) and S (Dark sorceress), buffing either one (the one which survived best the early turns).
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Hello and welcome from another long term veteran.
Welcome back to the hobby.
Sangfroid
Executioner

Post by Sangfroid »

Thank you for the warm welcome, ideally I would like to field 2 low level S as well as a level 4 SS which will likely mean one each in the corsairs and BG to augment, which then Leads me to think of losing the bsb and trying to squeeze two masters in (one for each unit), I need more time to study the numbers but I expect I could tool both up with a decent weapon/save as I picture these units as needing to survive challenges etc... while i position the Calvary/shades/DR for a counter charge.

Well at least I now know not to bother going for a 2k list as I'll need the extra allowance to get in the lvl4 SS and 30BG I might even have some spare left over for Some warlocks or, kharybbidis or Scourgerunner. :-)
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Welcome to the site and back to the hobby!
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

A total of 6 levels of magic (warlocks count as 2) is considered a reasonable spending for the usual powerdice you'll get.
Possibly Dark PoD and Death signature may justify going slightly over.

2k or 2400 pts depends not only on you but also on your opponent. You may not have all the choice you wish.

You can make a list based on a "cool factor", but you'll struggle to run it successfully.
Or you can make sure that all model serve an important role ; especially characters must be kept at minimum, as they are very expensive. The key is to compare every single character to the equivalent pts of DR or corsair, and to keep what is the most useful.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Sangfroid
Executioner

Post by Sangfroid »

the last time I played all I needed was Nagash the rest of the list was just making up the numbers :-)

(On a side note it seems they have split the undead into trueblood and scorpion king hehe)