A nervous newcomer

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

godswearhats
Slave (off the Altar)

A nervous newcomer

Post by godswearhats »

Hello all,

I want to make it clear that I'm a Dark Elf, and very definitely not a Wood Elf. I'm not a moderator on Asrai.org, and I'm very definitely not here just to figure out ways to defeat the twisted and evi ... I mean glorious followers of Malekith.

In the really real world, I live in Seattle and have been playing since late 2012 (although I used to play back in the 90s). I work in software, so I wrote an online battle reporter (Herald - it's functional but imperfect), and I co-host a podcast about WHFB (Dimensional Cascade).

I'm primarily here because my housemate wants to trade his Daemons in for Dark Elves, so I figured I'd learn a bit about the army I'm likely to be facing at some point in the future. Oh, and if any of you want a Daemons army, let me know ;-)

~gwh
Co-host of the Rank and Flank podcast
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: A nervous newcomer

Post by Amboadine »

Hello and welcome. I will have to have a play with your software.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

OK, as you're totally different from Asrai.org's godswearhats, Elder of the Council, LEAF Leader, Council Elder, Posts: 1164, Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:20 pm, Location: Seattle, WA, USA,
please receive our warmest welcome to the Dark side and to D.net! :D

I may suggest your mate to investigate our Trading Forum.
He might wish at some point to have a look at our tactical forum, in which the D.R.A.I.C.H. links to many tactical threads. It has been compared at some point to Wood Elve's LEAF, if ever you heard about that tree-hugger's compilation about how best to protect Nature.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
godswearhats
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by godswearhats »

Thanks for the welcome! I'll make sure and let my buddy know about the forum, but he's pretty unreliable about participating in forums :-)

You're right, that other user on Asrai.org must have stolen my name and is impersonating me. I don't even like the color green!
~gwh
Co-host of the Rank and Flank podcast
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Welcome godswearhats!

I had a quick stab at your battle reporter and I really like the interface. After 10s it felt more intuitive than any other tool I've tried yet so great job on that. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to offer a way to export the file to an image... But still! Print-screen or Grab will save us there. I will be using that in the future. :)

I'll be checking out your podcast next time I pick up my brush.

Cheers,
Daeron

PS: And don't worry about coincidental name equivalences on other fora. We are all honorable Elves here with good faith in our fellow elf and a strong sense of community. Trust us.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Don't be fooled compadres -- it's Shadowblade!!! :o

*runs*
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame