New to site, not to Druchii

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Zarox
Trainee Warrior

New to site, not to Druchii

Post by Lord Zarox »

Hello good people at druchii.net!

I've been playing dark elves for about two years and they are my sole army (Malekith likes absolute loyalty ;) ). I tend to play small (2000pt ish) pitched battles against armies like skaven, warriors, high elves in my local meta. I'm not a particularly competitive player and play the game primarily for fun (but who doesn't enjoy the odd win?). I'm not much of a painter either - I have about 11 painted blackguard, none of which I painted myself, though I do intend on starting on the rest at some point.
At the moment I own a random bunch of stuff that was mainly viable in the last army book but not so much in the new book, including a horde of corsairs, warriors, xbows, blackguard, cold ones, shades and my beloved resin hydra.

Looking forward to future discussion on how to bring down our hated cousins, the high elves!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: New to site, not to Druchii

Post by Calisson »

Welcome Lord Zarox to D.net! :)

"a horde of corsairs, warriors, xbows, blackguard, cold ones, shades and a beloved resin hydra."
I don't see anything in that list that could be defined as "not so much viable in the new book".
If this is what you think, then this site could help you indeed.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Lord Zarox
Trainee Warrior

Post by Lord Zarox »

Thanks for the warm welcome!
I was probably generalising a bit when I meant 'not viable'. What I really meant was 'not as viable as before' - not that all the listed option got worse, but our other options (notably witch elves and executioners) got much better!
Again, thanks for the welcome.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

I like this guy already.

Lord Zarox wrote:I've been playing dark elves for about two years and they are my sole army (Malekith likes absolute loyalty ;) )

DEMANDS. Preach it, brother!

Lord Zarox wrote:I tend to play small (2000pt ish) pitched battles against armies like skaven, warriors, high elves in my local meta.

Death to all of the aforementioned scum :twisted:

Lord Zarox wrote:I'm not a particularly competitive player.

We will soon sort you out :mrgreen:

Lord Zarox wrote:I'm not much of a painter either - I have about 11 painted blackguard, none of which I painted myself, though I do intend on starting on the rest at some point.

Welcome to the club. Membership 2!

Lord Zarox wrote:Looking forward to future discussion on how to bring down our hated cousins, the high elves!

Amen.

Welcome, Zarox -- You have found your true home!!!
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Plenty to see and do.