Looking into MSU

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

MasterSpark
Slave on the Altar

Looking into MSU

Post by MasterSpark »

Hi all,

I've started looking at Dark Elves as a potential new army. I used to play them back in 6th edition but after that it was Vampire Counts pretty much exclusively, with a very small dash of Chaos on the side every now and then.

What's drawing me into DE now is the possibility of a Multiple Small Units army, instead of having the usual hordes of skeletons and zombies. I'd like an army with high mobility and damage output with many different tools and tricks, and DE seems like a perfect match.

I tried looking around the tactics section of this site but couldn't find all that much on MSU. Are there any guides and tacticas around that I can look at?

Thanks in advance. :)
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Looking into MSU

Post by Saintofm »

Hello.

The popular consensis with crossbowmen on this site is 2 or more units of 10 (2 ransk can shoot so you can get at least one rank bonus) or one large unit of 20 with 2 ranks of 10.

Knights are still 5-10 for the most part, although I will try to go up to 15 the moment I can.

Shades and harpies can do well 5-10 strong.

Executioners in blocks 25 can hold their own well enough. Standard formation.

If you do want to go hoard but lack the minies, you can always add a Cauldron of Blood or Bloodwrack shrine as they can join units (I believe the rule is Will of the Gods or something like that) and that means that you have a 3 mini wide and a 6 mini deep piece in your unit.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: Looking into MSU

Post by Amboadine »

Welcome to the forum.
The threads on MSU are in the Hall of Fame sub forum. Some very good reads and advice in a number of threads.