My Descent into Depravity

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lesebyst
Trainee Warrior

My Descent into Depravity

Post by Lesebyst »

Hi all, thought I should make an account and say hello, rather than continuing to lurk!

I used to play High Elves back in the 90s but drifted out of wargaming when I went to uni. Fifteen years later I'm back with a passion! I started playing Only War and 7th Sea with some friends last year and I was finally drawn back to tabletop gaming in February. I dug out all my High Elves but sadly they just don't do it for me any more. I have some Skaven as well and they seemed much more appealing, but the thought of fielding (and painting) a thousand rats to fill a 500pt roster leaves me cold. I decided I needed a fast-moving, high points-per-model army with questionable morals (I RP the most ridiculously lawful-good characters, it's too much to wargame the same way).

Which is why I'm here :)

My High Elves have either declared their allegiance to Malekith or are been sacrificed to Khaine (well, his younger brother Ebayicus). I'm building up a budget army and will be mixing most generations of Citadel DE as well as HE models that can be cleanly converted. I've just discovered Greenstuff which is going to be gamechanging....

I'm hoping to find local groups to join, but until then I'm more than happy to just paint and model, slowly building up a collection of budget eBay purchases. I'll be keeping a blog for progress too.

Thanks for building this great site!
Enslave all the races!!!
My Budget Druchii Army Blog
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: My Descent into Depravity

Post by Amboadine »

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Nice to see you coming to your senses and devoting yourself to Malekith.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: My Descent into Depravity

Post by T.D. »

Ascending from depravity.

Naggaroth is where it's at!
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame