A Reintoduction

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Edtharion
Warrior

A Reintoduction

Post by Edtharion »

Greetings fellow Druchii!

Firstly I want to thank Dieter for helping me get back into the site :) *tips hat*

Secondly I want to reintroduce myself, since I doubt many of you would remember me from my brief love affair with all things Dark Elves last edition. I am Edtharion, (or Gary) and this is my little story.

I have always loved Dark Elves from afar, indeed they were almost my first army back at the end of 6th, but an all metal range, and a very difficult play style were to stay my hand, add into the fact that Battle for Skull Pass came out to mark the beginning of 7th and hey presto, I was now a Goblin commander, and a Goblin commander I was to stay, sure I had small forays into Beasts of Chaos, and then after them Dark Elves in 7th, but I stayed as a Goblin commander mostly.

My Dark Elf army, (of 7th) was moderately successful among my gaming group, losing only the once, at the beginning of this (8th) edition to Skaven. During my time as a dreadlord, I was here, enjoying many discussions about who was better, Black Guard, or Executioners, or singing the praises of the Ring of Hoeth and the Pendent. I even waded in on Callisons handbook (a tome I poured over many a time) But eventually, the gaps in the line and aging range began to take its toll, until eventually I decided it was time for me to put my Elves down for a time. During this time a friend of a friend was looking to get into the hobby, and I moved house, needing the space, and wanting to help a fellow hobbier, I sold him my Druchii :( but vowed if they were to be done again, with certain troops going plastic (Witches and Exs) I would return.

Then, they did just that, and that's funnily enough exactly what I did!

Recently my local GW (GW Wakefield) has been running a tale of gamers, and I saw it as the perfect opportunity to jump aboard my Black Ark! So thats pretty much it, (to make things full circle after two whole editions of Greenskins, I finally decided enough was enough with them, and thanks to my Druchii, I haven't looked back since)

A gamer's life, is a funny old thing!
Mercy is for the weak
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: A Reintoduction

Post by Amboadine »

Hello and welcome back to the site.
Nothing wrong in dabbling with the greenskins, many have that guilty pleasure.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Edtharion wrote:I even waded in on Callisons handbook (a tome I poured over many a time)
Well, I wrote another one here: Dark Elf Comics: You are in Boot Camp now but the style is a tad different.
The job for a tactical handbook is now up to Daeron, with the help of all goodwilling gamers.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Edtharion
Warrior

Post by Edtharion »

Well, I wrote another one here: Dark Elf Comics: You are in Boot Camp now but the style is a tad different.
The job for a tactical handbook is now up to Daeron, with the help of all goodwilling gamers.

Thanks for the link, and sorry for the spelling error in the naming of you, its been a while :)
Mercy is for the weak
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Welcome back Edtharion :)
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze