New Starter

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

necroyp
Slave (off the Altar)

New Starter

Post by necroyp »

Hi All,

Been playing warhammer for a while mainly WOC.

Recent tried High Elves and that was a no go.

So I have decided to come over to the Druchi side.

My first go at an army is 2400:

Dread Lord with reflecting ward save so 1+/4++ and +2 str sword
BSB on Cauldron with witch Brew
Hag with Fear Brew
Haf with Fear Brew

31 Witches
5 Dark Riders with Bows
5 Dark Riders with Bows

20 Executioners
20 Executioners

5 harpies
5 harpies

5 Warlocks
5 Warlocks

This leaves me about 300 points spare for 2 str 7 monsters or 4 bolt throwers

Anyway I have most of it except the bolts/monsters so hopefully I can make it work

What do people think of the shrine?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: New Starter

Post by Calisson »

Hi, necroyp, welcome to D.net. :)
For all of us, HE are no-go for obvious reasons, but curious to read what was your reason?
A strong Khainite army you are displaying here. It has some potential.
The shrine will provide another target for the opponent's canons, hopefully allowing the COB to make it into melee (or reversely). See all topics about "two towers".
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
necroyp
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by necroyp »

High Elves - not sure the army did not gel well with me.

The way the army works as a cohesive force never clicked with me. I like in your face brute force trauma armies hence WOC and Daemons. I am really enjoying the speed and glass canon smack down that the Dark elves bring. They are unique in there style as opposed to the high elves which seem to do everything but nothing really well - so very generic in nature. Shame because I painted up an army.

I also play wood elves which I ennjoy because the movement and approach is very unique. Been reading the two tower list so cant wait to get some play testing in with the DE. Currently reading through all the articles hear in preperation. The other style list that interest me is all msu with 2 units of 21 witches, 2 untis of 21 executioners.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Hello and welcome. Strange that you find Dark elves not to be a synergic force, as in many ways it is very similar to High elves in the play our armies play and most of our units have a HE equilivent.

Posting your lists in the army list forum will probably get you more replies than in the intros, adding in the RBT's would definitely help, but personally I believe the list will struggle. I assume you mean for the two hags to run with the executioners, effectively giving you three frenzied units, that could be baited all around the board, and not much in the way of effective counters to it. If you let us know how you plan to play the list, it would help offer improvements.
Dragon9
Assassin

Post by Dragon9 »

He said he thought the High Elves didn't feel cohesive.
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

My Blog: A Small World - My Life in Miniatures

Image Image
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Dragon9 wrote:He said he thought the High Elves didn't feel cohesive.

The cohesive feel usually comes from the unit synergies working well together, what surprised me is alot of those same unit synergies come together to make Dark elves cohesive as a force.