Rising from the Dead (Kind of)

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

ironsides2
Slave on the Altar

Rising from the Dead (Kind of)

Post by ironsides2 »

I never had a doubt about Dark Elves; ever since I saw the 6th edition handbook, I was hooked. Malekith looked awesome.

I didn't get too invested. I was broke and no one I knew played.

Now my brother bought the Blood Island Starter Set (I think that's what it's called) for the Skaven units and I may finally be able to play! He also said there was a Games Workshop store in our city. I don't remember that being here seven years ago.

I lost my previous models, (okay I converted them to D&D miniatures), but I've ordered some Darkshards a Sorceress, and Dark Riders.

I look forward to posting some noob battle reports. :D
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Rising from the Dead (Kind of)

Post by Calisson »

Welcome ironsides2 to D.net!
Brother's games are great!

Each time you post an army list, don't hesitate to mention that you play with the models you have, as many D.netters seem to consider that any player has an unlimited supply of all kind of models.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

Welcome, never played my brother. But my wife plays Skaven (nasty buggers). Go ahead, proxy, test, fail, slaughter them better next time.
Don't ask me for advice since I have a problem with Skaven.
Regards and remember to give the tithe to Khaine
Cathel
If they were not sitting on our land, I would not spend a single bolt on the Asur.
How to tell apart the elves:
Men run naked - Asrai
Women run naked - Druchii
Don't know whether man or woman - Asur
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Welcome!

I agree with Calisson, but also encourage you to experiment with proxies in friendly games, as that way you can get a sense of what models you want to collect next... Obviously within reason, no one wants to play against an army that requires cross tabulation with an index/key!
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Welcolm. If u don't plan on doing alot of games ingw stores or officialntournaments, you can use just about any game system mini for the job like Reaper or one of the third party groups like our own Avatars of War.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra