Returning to Warhammer

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Nightside
Slave on the Altar

Returning to Warhammer

Post by Nightside »

Finally returning to Warhammer. I've missed it so.

Dark Elves are the reason I started playing Warhammer in the first place. I used to listen to a black metal band called Nargaroth and got curious about the name, I stumbled across the Dark Elves and the Warhammer universe. Although I started out playing as Tomb Kings (I must have thought Skeletons were cooler at the time), I always said I'd play Dark Elves when they got reviewed.

I was going to start a separate thread but I'm going to save cluttering up the boards and ask here. Does anyone have any sources for Dark Elves heraldry and colour schemes? I picked up the army book today and have seen a few examples in the gallery pages, but it's not very in-depth. There is mention of various Cities, Conclaves, Towers and Arks. I'd like to learn more about it all, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: Returning to Warhammer

Post by T.D. »

Nightside wrote:Dark Elves are the reason I started playing Warhammer in the first place.

Welcome, Nightside.

Nightside wrote:Does anyone have any sources for Dark Elves heraldry and colour schemes? I picked up the army book today and have seen a few examples in the gallery pages, but it's not very in-depth. There is mention of various Cities, Conclaves, Towers and Arks. I'd like to learn more about it all, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Most of our info comes from the current and historic army books, though part of the benefits of the Warhammer Universe is its openness in terms of developing your own army fluff, heraldry and background.

There has been some exploration of heraldry in the past of Druchii.net, which you might want to take a look at:

http://druchii.net/initiatives/monthly/issues/Jan04_2.pdf

You might also find some inspiration in the PnM and History of the Druchii forums.
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Hard to beat that welcome, so I will just drop by and say hello and welcome to the forum.
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

Welcome Nightside! Another source of background is the Malus Darkblade series of books. You can pick them up used on Amazon or eBay for less than £3 including delivery. They're not the best fiction ever written, but they are lively and full of character, descriptions of the land, it's traditions, imagery, culture, etc.

@TD - thanks for that link; awesome stuff! The section on all the glyphs is incredible.
Nightside
Slave on the Altar

Post by Nightside »

Thanks all for the welcome.

Don't get me wrong, I love nothing more than to create my own fluff but I like to have a great understanding of the race first. Thanks again for help regarding that.