Greetings, fellow dread lords (ladies)

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

čiernyčaj
Slave (off the Altar)

Greetings, fellow dread lords (ladies)

Post by čiernyčaj »

Greetings, my civil name is Filip and I currently go by the nickname čiernyčaj, which means literally black tea in Slovak. Do not worry, if you cannot find that weird curved thing over letter c. :) I started playing Warhammer maybe 6 years ago. That was during my high school period. At the time, I was listening a lot of black metal and when my older brother introduced me to fantasy world of Warhammer and I first saw DE - spikes, evilness and true blackness (pure black metal, haha), I instantly fell in love with the race. Time went and first models were bought, assembled amd painted. Then, with my Chaos brother, we found out, that one guy collects HE army. In my town. This filthy and cowardish sub-race just a few bus stops away from my glorious fort. This a pure insult to the Bloody Handed, I thought and so, I assembled my small army and went to war to purge this lands once and for all. However, that under-elf used dirty tricks and with help of his gods, my army was shattered (well, the fact is that he was somewhat seasoned Warhammer player and I did not know a thing about tactics, so I got massacred at least half a dozen times, never scoring even a draw against him).
Then, some school-leaving exams came and I had no time for Warhammer and all, eventually, Warhammer slipped out of my mind for few years.
It was not until two months ago, that I stumbled over some suit case with large logo of GW and I suddenly remembered my dark quest. That scum still lives and still offends the One True King and the Bloody Handed! Thus, conscripts and trainings began again and will not stop, till the lowest of beings are crushed into the dust!
Recently, I played 3 games against WoC, one TK (bro got back into the game as well and he was trying out TK just for fun :)). Hopefuly, I will write some battle reports and post my army lists. Lastly, I would like to thank you, guys, for creating and maintaining this site, because it is full of great advices, both tactical and of means of how to create an army list. Gj! :)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Greetings, fellow dread lords (ladies)

Post by Calisson »

Well, welcome čiernyčaj (don't ask me to pronounce it) to D.net!
It seems that you found already the advice you sought, and you progressively get into the idea of participating.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: Greetings, fellow dread lords (ladies)

Post by Amboadine »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Many of us have taken a few years out of Warhammer from time to time due to real life commitments interferring with the joy of rolling dice and painting tiny metal men. So you are certainly not alone. Looking forward to seeing you around the different forums.