Intro!

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Darkness_Rising
Slave on the Altar

Intro!

Post by Darkness_Rising »

Hey guys!

Names Ben, been playing fantasy for a while now. Have both a Empire and WoC army, kinda got bored with them, so trying something new. DE have always caught my eye, so I decided I would give them a whirl.

I also wanted to do a themed army (I'm a history teacher so cool history stuff/themes always gets me :) ) around Vlad the Impaler. I realize that he is more of a Vampire character per say but I wanted to do something with him pre-vampireness. I thought DE would be a fun army to do the theme with because they are kinda torturous/murderous/evil in general. So just wanted to say Hey and hope to talk/debate/etc with you guys in the future. Thanks! :D
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: Intro!

Post by Amboadine »

Hi. Welcome to the forum.
Looking forward to seeing you around.
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Re: Intro!

Post by direweasel »

A "Vlad the Impaler" theme could definitely work. Just base it on the historical figure and not the vampire mythos. I would think such an army would feature plenty of cavalry, black guard / executioners, and chariots, but of course the final choices on unit selection and such are up to you.

As for modeling/painting, I don't know as much about middle ages Romania as I probably should, so I don't know much about their colors and livery, but I'd guess there's an Osprey book or 3 for it. And you did say you're a history teacher, so maybe you don't need it. :)

Welcome!
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360