Story Comp for Druchii.net monthly.

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Story Comp for Druchii.net monthly.

Post by Imdat tauble »

For all of the editions of Druchii.net monthly, we're going to have an on-going story that is made up by different people. For each part, anyone who wants to can write a piece that follows from the last month's, and then the reporters will decide on the best one and publish it. For the first editions, we will simply give you a title to work with, and from there you have to make a story. The title is:

The scribe.

If you want to enter, just pm me or Z'ghan with you're story. DO NOT post it anywhere on druchii.net or you risk not having it entered.
Last edited by Imdat tauble on Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drake malefactor
Trainee Warrior

Post by Drake malefactor »

hmm sounds like a bit of a gamble. i mean people spend quite a lot of time writing and it does get dissapointing if it doesnt make the cut. But on the other hand the prestige it brings could be quite rewarding.
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

yes, but thats the point

and no-one said it had to be very long - its a series you know.
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

hmm, the scribe... not a very suggesting title but i'll try. it's a shame I cann't put my vampire story... !cry! it's 30 pages long.. lol, too big but in my opinion cool :P
Fallen angel
Cold One Knight

Post by Fallen angel »

How long should each edition be? (Word limit? Page limit?)

Fallen Angel
Play DnD in the Firgotten Realms setting? Have a look at my quick narrative..... http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=21330
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

no word limit really - if we think its too long, we might go to the liberty of cutting it outselves tho...

probably up to double the size of the first one is acceptable... probably 700-800 words that is
The new guy
Highborn

Post by The new guy »

I read the monthly, and unless im blind, there was no story publushed? Am I blind or mistaken?
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

There was one

Bye
Lord Thalack
Draconis venomblade
The Vengeful Spirit

Post by Draconis venomblade »

I think it might help the story flow a bit better if the person who did the last part posted some thoughts for what they had planned, if anything, especially for this first one. Frankly, I have very little idea where to go from where Dekhalan left off, and would be more than thankful for any slight nudges he could give us to try to keep the story cohesive.
"How old are you lil' missie?"
"Sixteen"
"Eighteen you say! Well aw right!"
"MOM!"
"I like where this is goin... Giggetygiggety"

Aspect of the Vengeful Spirit
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

the idea is that there is no 'slight nudges' as you called them. You take what you interpreted from the story and add it. Part of the reason we want multiple entries is taht we can also take the one that flows best...

also, if dekhalan posted his thoughts, we'd get npo creativity, which is exactly what we're looking for...
Dekhalan
Highborn

Post by Dekhalan »

Yeah, I tried to make the first story very open ended, so the next writer has a lot of freedom with the direction of the plot...