Elven aging

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Darklord of naggaroth
Dark Rider
Location: A dreaded place where any mere mortal would not be able to bear...Manchester

Elven aging

Post by Darklord of naggaroth »

I'm not sure about this. because elves obviously live a lot longer than anything else, what is there appearance like to their age?
If someone was 50, would they look and develope like a human ten year old? or do they reach adulthood at 20 and just stay like that?
The Weak deserve To Die
DarkLord
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Shadowblade is 150 and looks under 20 year old.
Darigaaz
Black Guard

Post by Darigaaz »

Malekith is over 5000 years old and looks as toasted and crispy as the day he left Ulthuan :)
"I am hatred, darkness and despair".
Garluch
Beastmaster

Post by Garluch »

Morathi is 6000 years old (if i remember it right) and she looks like model or something, but maby bathing in other peoples blood have something to do with it...
Dark35
Slave on the Altar

Post by Dark35 »

We can't really base our answers on malekith and morathi: Abusive dark magic and blood cauldrons do help!
I think an elf can live up to 2000 or 2500 years old if they don't die in battle before.
Lord sacra
Trainee Warrior

Post by Lord sacra »

Yes, but knowing DEs all the oldies get sacrificed once they get past the human equivelant of 80
Crush the humans CRUSH THE HIGH ELVES!
Crush the dwarves
Crush the animals
Crush the orcs
Crush the lizards
Crush the chaos
Darigaaz
Black Guard

Post by Darigaaz »

Lord Sacra wrote:Yes, but knowing DEs all the oldies get sacrificed once they get past the human equivelant of 80

to hell with going to a DE old folks home :?
Darklord of naggaroth
Dark Rider
Location: A dreaded place where any mere mortal would not be able to bear...Manchester

so their appearance and development takes a lot longer.
Wouldn't an elf who looked 5 be a hell of a smart and mature kid?
The Weak deserve To Die
DarkLord
Darigaaz
Black Guard

Post by Darigaaz »

yeah, just imagine Dexter's labority on a massive scale... except its more like Dexter's flesh house :lol:

i think druchii kids don't really get a mention is because no one really cares about them, Menghil's dad being a prime example... and me, i'd rather just know about their way of war and stuff
Darklord of naggaroth
Dark Rider

so is there a ratio? every 1 human year = so many elven years? even a rough estimate would do.
The Weak deserve To Die
DarkLord
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

There's really no way of knowing. It could be that they age the same way humans do up to a point (maybe sixteen years old?) and then really start to slow down till it almost stops. Really though, you wouldn't be able to tell a 300 year old elf from one who is 1400 years old. Around 2000 though, you'll definately see the signs of age.

Yes, but knowing DEs all the oldies get sacrificed once they get past the human equivelant of 80

What makes you think that?
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Lord Sacra wrote:Yes, but knowing DEs all the oldies get sacrificed once they get past the human equivelant of 80

I can't remember any bit of background which supports this statement. Weak and foolish Dark Elves are the ones who face extinction at the hands of other citizens of Naggaroth - but this is in no way tied to a certain age.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

It's like what I said about cripples, anyone who manages to survive that long must have some mad skillz, why risk your life in trying to sacrifice them?

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Sorceress
Cold One Knight

Post by Sorceress »

I would imagine that due to the particular nature of their leadership, the more traditional nature of the elder races and the extended Elven lifespan that many in Druchii society consider the elderly as worldly wise rather than foolish and past their prime.

Though I do imagine there are younger Dark Elves who in their ambition overlook this to their peril.
<Sirist> As Malus's hateful hate-juice hit his hateful opponents, each one exploded into a bloodmist, while Malus hatefully screamed, "Blood and skulls for Khorne -- I mean, Khaine!"
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

And if a Dark Elf can survive his life to become such an elder, it's for sure he can handle the foolish ones who want to sacrifice him as an old geezer.

The younger Druchii surely appreciate the tips of the older, wiser members of the society, and he will be toppled only in the case he can't defend himself.
Livefromnaggaroth
Executioner

Post by Livefromnaggaroth »

I remember some fluff about Death Night in the previous army book. Most families sacrifice slaves or servants, or an elderly member of the family. That doesn't remove all doubt but it sheds some light perhaps?
Sedro
Beastmaster
Location: sieging Ulthuan...alone when not in gothenburg Sweden

Post by Sedro »

Maybe Tolkien have writen down about elven aging?
Minsc
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Minsc »

Tolkien Elves =/= WFB Elves!

Do NOT compare them!
Sedro
Beastmaster
Location: sieging Ulthuan...alone when not in gothenburg Sweden

Post by Sedro »

well their forms and ears are the same as i se :P
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Sedro wrote:well their forms and ears are the same as i se :P

There is a muscle in my cheek that won't stop twitching. Tolkienic elves are almost nothing like WH elves. Period.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Most families sacrifice slaves or servants, or an elderly member of the family. That doesn't remove all doubt but it sheds some light perhaps?

The point of a sacrifice is that you give up something important to you. Slaves are about the equivilant of a years profits so they're very valuable. Now I'll let you guys connect the rest of the dots as far as the elderly are concerned.

Eldacar wrote:There is a muscle in my cheek that won't stop twitching

Quick! Somebody ask who the Drachau of Arnheim is!

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Darklord of naggaroth
Dark Rider

Is Arnheim a high elven city?
The Weak deserve To Die
DarkLord
Lordofthenight
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lordofthenight »

Fingol Darkwater wrote:
Most families sacrifice slaves or servants, or an elderly member of the family. That doesn't remove all doubt but it sheds some light perhaps?

The point of a sacrifice is that you give up something important to you. Slaves are about the equivilant of a years profits so they're very valuable. Now I'll let you guys connect the rest of the dots as far as the elderly are concerned.

Eldacar wrote:There is a muscle in my cheek that won't stop twitching

Quick! Somebody ask who the Drachau of Arnheim is!

Or the old vampiric elves.
Punishment leads to Fear. Fear leads to Obedience. Obedience leads to Freedom. Therefore, Punishment leads to Freedom.

Kuyoz Nightkiller
WS: 4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Repeater Crossbow, Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Light Armour
5 throwing daggers, 90gc
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

... I hate you all. :(

:P
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

DarkLord Of Naggaroth wrote:Is Arnheim a high elven city?

Yes, its a colony on Naggaroth which the High elves made, very heavily fortified, under constant siege. But doesn't really do much, just angers the Witch king for being on his land, Arnheim probably chose the spot for reasons as folowed, So they could try to control the sea in that region for its greatly used by Dark elves to get to Lustria or the Dark elves to get to Lothern of Eataine for the occasional siege.
Though it was a good spot for navy wise. It is left horribly out of position, for the DoomGlades which pretty much only the DE know how to navigate through, is excellent for siege, for the wood there, could be used for warmachines, meaning more RBT's to siege Arnheim (High Elves call it Arnhelm). And it cuts the High elves off from siegeing Clar Karond or getting through to the main part of Naggaroth.
THough they could probably go hrough the mountains, me and them would probably take their chances in the Doom Glades, instead of braving the Perilous Peaks (I dont know the mountains name, for i dont thave the handbook, with me).
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite