Aspect of Khaine

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Tomcullen
Slave (off the Altar)

Aspect of Khaine

Post by Tomcullen »

I've noticed a couple guys calling for the Avatar, and this got me thinking. In order to research the bloody god, we need to research Eldar. (I'm sure most of you have done this, so I'm gonna push on to my point.)

Other than, possibly, an Eldar army list, I was unable to find any place where the Aspects of Khaine were listed out in plain english. Looking at the army list, I got Scorpions, Banshees, Spiders, Reapers, etc. I suppose it would have been more accurate to go with those, but there were too many, with no real pattern to them.

In the end, I discovered a fluff regarding the warpsword of Khaine. (http://www.inisfail.com/40k3/suin-40k3.html) In his hands, the "Wailing Doom" shifts form between several different weapons, such as a spear, a scythe, or an axe.

Here I find inspiration! After some thought, I adjusted the "aspects" (in my mind) to fit this group of weapons.
The Spear: Khaine the Hunter.
The Axe: Khaine the Executioner.
The Scythe: Khaine the Judge.
The Sword: Khaine the Warrior
The Claw: Khaine the Beast
And finally, Taigenak: Khaine the King.

(For a fluff I'm writing, I've exchanged the Gauntlets for the Shield to make Khaine the Defender.)

Here you have my version of the Aspects of Khaine. Each is different, but ultimately the same, and I think it makes the idea of such a god far more "real" and believable. What do you think?
I look inside myself and see my heart is black,
I see my red door and it has been painted black...
~The Doors
Vorthain
Noble

Post by Vorthain »

Thats a really good job, Tom. I like the allocations. I love the idea of a shape-shifting weapon. For any of you who have played Devil May Cry on the PS2, Sparda is a shape-shifting weapon used by Dante that is an incarnation of his daemon father, so this is definitely similar. Now, we just need to make rules for these in WHFB and you're set. Also, this probably belongs in the Ideas forum.

Here's some off the top of my head:

The Spear: Add +2" to charge distance as a result of its range. If thrown, its the strength of the avatar and goes 12 or 18 inches (can't decide)

The Axe: Good as is, -1 A for avatar's strength plus one or two.

The Scythe: Good as is, (-2 Ld to losers) but also +1 attack for attacking units to represent a sweeping attack (think Plague Scythe).
a dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Very interesting idea.
As Volton says, it resembles Sparda from Devil May Cry.

I'd say: Claw adds one to initiative(because of the easyness of using) and one to attack, but takes strenght one down.
Tastyfish
Arch-deviant of the Cult of Pleasure

Post by Tastyfish »

Reason that the Wailing Doom shapeshifts is that it is the Sword of Khaine, so it hasn't even always been a weapon - Malekith sees it as a sceptor.

One reason for the vast number of aspects is that Khaine has subsumed the old Elven pantheon for the Druchii and interpretted more along the lines of the Druchii philosphy (strongest survive) rather than purely the God of War you will end up with hundreds of aspects.

So Scythe is more likely to be Khaine the farmer, the Hammer - Khaine the smith/progress etc
Want to write background or fluff for the Herald? PM me
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

you mean a thousand aspects.
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Vengeanceseeker
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vengeanceseeker »

You could have The Knife: Khaine the murderer.

Just an idea.
World of Arl, Where the players matter.

Free Dark Elf army!
VS' known kills: Lord Saradain.
Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

khaine the farmer? i dont think the god of murder would be the god to pray to nearing the harvest... more like Isha.

scythe would be aspect of death simply if anything.

Khaine isnt the only druchii god but given the harsh enviorment and muderour attitude he is the prominent god but no means the only god.
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Khaine the farmer :lol: :lol:

Well, it's nice but what about a poisoned dagger? Aspect of the Serpent ;)
Dalakh deathblow
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Dalakh deathblow »

The Scythe: Khaine the Judge

The judge? If Khaine doesn't like someone, he'll just kill them.. so if you ask Khaine to be a judge, most likely he'll just tell the quarrelling elves to kill each other.. simple ;) besides, what make you think that a scythe is the symbol for a judge? sword is more commonly used as the symbol of justice (just like used by the Goddess Justicia, the Greek blind goddess of justice)
Innocence proves nothing.
Tastyfish
Arch-deviant of the Cult of Pleasure

Post by Tastyfish »

danceman wrote:khaine the farmer? i dont think the god of murder would be the god to pray to nearing the harvest... more like Isha.
Love and cuddles may be nice, but if you want your plants to have the strength to penetrate the frozen soil of Naggaroth you need a little bit more than this. Khaine is who you pray to when survival is all that matters (when the dark side of the psyche tends/had to take over). Khaine the God of Murder (brother of Morr) is just a concept for humans who like Khorne but want more sophisticated parties.
Want to write background or fluff for the Herald? PM me
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

If Khaine doesn't like someone, he'll just kill them

he possibly could judge his own people, whether they fought well or not, whether they showed cowardice or not...

The Scythe: Khaine the Judge

I see him more as the Reaper this way
Class: Warrior
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Moonblade
Cold One Knight

Post by Moonblade »

Well Khaine has many aspects no doupt. But he has a limited role after all. As you said he is not the god of everything. Start with the aspects from the book. And the Cult Of Pleasure already has an article about the aspects of Khaine. Read it.
I see Khaine as murderer, hunter(stalker of the void), deathbringer, executoner and so on - killing roles. What are these aspects of progress, judge(he is not a god of wisom)...
Btw the only weapon I see for him is dagger. Poisoned one. As the statue behind the circle of witch elves in the army book. The sword of Khaine in his tample or the warpsword are just gifts for his followers in the earth I think. Or what. He had dropped his weapon from the sky.... :}}
beside - the idea of weapons that incarnate aspect is cool :}}
Game Designer. At last. Period.
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

As I see it, Khaines aspects are aspects of warfare. Not farmer, not judge, NOT hunter(unless it's in some war related way.)