The lands to the south

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Lonewandererd
Cold One Knight

The lands to the south

Post by Lonewandererd »

A few people haver said that I take too many ideas from other armies. So I'm thinking of making some absolutely new units/ideas based around the lands in the south of Naggeroth i.e. The Plains of Spiders, The Island of Great Beasts, etc.

One problem though, I can't find any fluff on these places. Can someone plz help me out here.
Forever alone,
Forever wandering.

W - 3
L - 4
D - 0
Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

Post by Prince of arnheim »

Well I do believe from a very very previous White Dwarf Article that this southern area of naggarond.....the skinny part between it an lustria is home to a manner of all sorts of foul beasts....and also there happens to be a few orc and goblin tribes around too...and if i'm not mistaken there is also a few beastmen kicking around too.....all in all it is susposed to be a very volcanic and not very nice place to be......i think the dark elves avoid it mostly since the underway is more north of that area........but DE do head out on the West Coast to go to Cathay so who knows......I any kind of Chaos army could fit the fluff for that area......especially a daemonic one.....comprised of beings that would only be able to survive in harsh conditions....

For the plain of spiders you could probably do a Forest Goblin Army with lots's of spider riders.......

Try checking into Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay they have a lot of good background fluff for the Warhammer World
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

moved.
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Winter, there's a forum for fluff on the Druchii - it happens to be called the History of the Druchii. This is probably the third thread of yours I need to ask moved to my forum.

Beastmen are everywhere in Naggaroth, not just the South. We also have our fair share of O&G lying around and skaven are everywhere. Naggaroth is a vast continent and the only safe places are the Six Cities, so all the wasteland inbetween is pretty much usable.

As for the South itself, not much is known. The Plain of Spiders is a desert (of black sand? I recall hearing something like that), IIRC volcanically active and has obsidian depots (since obsidian = volcaninc glass), though I might be wrong. Eldacar can probably tell you more when he comes around.

Edit:

Linda Lobsta Defenda wrote:moved.

Thanks Linda. :)
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Lonewandererd
Cold One Knight

Post by Lonewandererd »

I'm sorry about that Neutral shade of Black. I thought it was going into the fluff section. I didn't realise my mistake until after it had been posted.

Back to the post. It has been said that the Southern Islands are volanic, so what about a giant volcanic lizard of some kind or is that too much like the lizardmen salamnders.
Forever alone,
Forever wandering.

W - 3
L - 4
D - 0
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

Winter wrote:what about a giant volcanic lizard of some kind
You mean a red dragon? ;) sadly enough, they aren't available in Whfb :(
Class: Warrior
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Lonewandererd
Cold One Knight

Post by Lonewandererd »

Ilokir suggested a Red Dragon. good idea but we already have a dragon and two would just be too overpowering. So how about something along the along the lkines of a Red Drake. It doesn't even have to be red. It could be a Lava Drake, Volcanic Drake or Fire Drake. I am I just getting too farfetched here.
Forever alone,
Forever wandering.

W - 3
L - 4
D - 0