The first story of Valaros the Wanderer

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Valaros
Corsair

The first story of Valaros the Wanderer

Post by Valaros »

This is pretty crappy but my friends got a good laugh out of it.

This was written about 12 months ago and is the first story ever written about Valaros the Wanderer.

It has a lot of things that would be considered un-fluffy.

Halveks Demise?

Valaros cast his vision across the Tundra of Kislev. The soon to be battlefield was devoid of life. Bare but for the few frozen lakes that dotted the expansive landscape. Perhaps a few hundred meters away, the land inclined and became a hill of pure white snow. Many would perceive this terrain as a tacticians dream, but they could not fathom a more dire misconception.

Valaros knew that the Dark Elves took comfort in the knowledge that they would outdo their allies and rivals, the High Elves. The Dark Elves favoured monstrous lizard mounts over the weak High Elven steeds. These lizards were known as Cold Ones and sacrificed speed for large, powerful jaws and a near impenetrable natural hide. At present Valaros stood at the head of the amassed High Elves. He was wearing his favourite battle gear. He wore a rich red, silken cloak with a golden dragon emblazoned upon its rear. For the impending melee he had chosen his scale mail armour and his magical blade, Kalak. His sword was sheathed within its ornate scabbard beneath his cloak. His hard chiselled elven features and long black hair glistened under the setting sun. He allowed his cape to fly freely in the evening breeze. To his left stood his elven companion and friend, Halvek. Halvek was content in polishing his modified long rifle and warplock pistols. His cape had been tailored to be an identical twin to Valaros’s.

Suddenly, as though magically drawn, Valaros’s eyes shot towards the opposing hill, noticing a large dark figure. A man could not have seen the dark character, but Valaros’s eyes were not of pitiful human origin. The figure was clad in midnight black, heavy full plate armour. A dark green gas seeped from the eye slits of the character. From what Valaros knew, this could only be the Chaos Warlord leading the deamonic invasion force. In his right hand the Warlord clutched a huge black sword, it was surrounded by an aura of green lightning.
‘I’m going to make his viewing slots a little bigger,’ said Halvek as he raised his long rifle.
The long rifle let off a thunderous explosion, causing all present to flinch. Halvek lost his footing and was almost felled from the recoil. The Warlord was hit directly between the eyes and launched backwards. A cheer erupted from the amassed ranks, but the victory was short lived. The Warlord stood back up, revealing a gaping hole in it’s head that was now seeping noxious gas. The cheer subsided completely as the Warlord thrust his sword into the air. From over the hill poured a mass on screaming, blood lusting demons. Each wielded a two-handed sword. They were humanoid and had bodies that were choked with muscles. Upon their head they grew large demonic horns, their eyes were eternal pools of darkness. The Dark Elven general raised a small scarlet flag. With their general’s order, a hundred bolts were loosed. The demon army moved with mortally unattainable speed, which only served to get them into crossbow fire. Unfortunately with every beast felled another two took its place.
‘I blame Sigmar for this, him and his god forsaken, oversized mallet,’ said Halvek spitefully.
‘Tis’ fault of Teclis, and his stupid hat,’ said Valaros as he drew Kalak. ’Charge!’
The elves charged towards the enemy, attempting to match ferocity with unquenchable loyalty and honour. Halvek had drawn his pistols and was firing them at point blank range with devesting effectiveness. Ahead, Valaros could see the Chaos warlord slaughtering spearmen by the dozens as though they were mere pawns. His dark sword fed off the blood and pulsed with pleasure.
‘Halvek I’m going to take out the warlord,’ called Valaros.
‘I’ll follow you up’ replies Halvek from somewhere within the fray.

‘Pitiful mortals’ thought Snar’vakur as he cut down helpless elves. The blood god was to be pleased. Chaos was to prevail surely. Just as he thought he was to go unchallenged Snar’vakur noticed a skilled elf working his way forwards, wielding a magical blade that he swung with the power and precision of an assassin.
Valaros thought he could see eyes glaring at him from behind the wall of mist.
As he looked upon the Warlord he heard a voice in the deep regions of his mind. ‘I am Snar’vakur, your rightly named “chaos warlord” come to me whelp, meet your death with fear.’ This only served to fuel the fire of Valaros’s anger.
‘Spawn of chaos, hear my vow. With Khain as my witness, you shall be smote before dawn,’ screamed Valaros, as he charged into melee with the Warlord. Blades clashed and sparks flew, Valaros felt sure he was to be the victor. Snar’vakur took the advantage and stepped back, quickly taking a full power down stroke. Valaros was quicker though and stepped out off the way. Snar’vakur rewarded him with a forceful blow to the side of the head with the flat of his sword. Valaros attempted to regain combat stance but fell into unconsciousness.

Halvek watched Valaros fall and realized what must be done; all around him elves were falling, cut down by the unmatchable blood thirst of the hell spawns. Opening his cloak, he checked his supply of gunpowder, Adequate for a large explosion. Without further thought he lit the emergency fuse.
‘Come and meet my wrath, spawn of chaos,’ he called defiantly as he charged forwards. Discarding his rifle he drew his pistols and began to sprint in the direction of the warlord. For a second the eyes met. ‘I will strike you down as I have struck down your friend,’ spoke the voice into his head.
‘I hope you have spare blood cause I’m going to make you bleed,’ called Halvek. ’Get out of here Valaros.’

Valaros had regained consciousness and heard Halvek’s call, discreetly retreating to the hill to watch the battle unfold. Valaros of course knew what Halvek was to attempt. Halvek’s actions may yet win the battle, but this was to be at a terrible cost, his life.

The warlord held out his blade in preparation for a dual. To his surprise Halvek leapt at the outstretched blade and impaled himself. Blood began to form at the sides of his mouth but he merely smiled. The last thing Halvek saw was his chest explode, flames engulf his killer.

Valaros watched as the flames ripped thought the elves and beasts. The wall of death was unhindered by armour. The explosion created a mushroom cloud that stretched high into the sky. The Snar’vakur was dead, as was Halvek. The deamons dropped dead, piling high in mounds of warm flesh.
By morning the darkness brought about by Snar’vakur had diminished but the bodies piled higher still. Valaros was found, standing over the burnt out husk of some unrecognisable figure. The figure wore full plate armour that, despite the explosion, was completely intact. With a powerful downward strike, Valaros shattered the armour, it screamed as though it were alive. Near the figure was a golden talisman; upon its rear was an inscription.

An unknown warrior, an unknown task
Through fire lives will end, death to a greater good
The ultimate honour
The ultimate loyalty

This was a prophecy and it had been fulfilled. Valaros pocketed the talisman and wandered back towards his homeland, Naggaroth.

‘Billy Bunsworth has found a good find he has. Weapons and armour all for Billy Bunsworth. They’re his he tells ya…his very own.’ An object caught Billy’s eye, a shattered suit of armour surrounded by a blue mist.
‘Billy, Billy a good find you has found.’ Muttered the merchant as he approached the shattered suit of ornate armour. Without warning a blue beam of light shot from the mist and slammed into Billy. He was overtaken by pain and collapsed upon the hard ground. From that point Billy was no more. He screamed as his body tore itself apart and transformed. When the figure stood, it was once again recognizable. It was the figure of Halvek.
‘Valaros…Valaros, its me Halvek.’
I AM NOT INSANE
The voice in my head told me so

Ambassador from Ulthuan.org