Test story - the story of my army general

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Alith anar
Shadowking

Post by Alith anar »

A rather good story!
However, allow me to share a few opinions/ideas (forgive my rather simple english):

1. To me it seems that they're fighting all the time. Ulthuan is a far way off you know. If they're going to fight Asur in any major engagements and do it often, it's gonna be part of the invasion, in which case they're on Ulthuan. That means no tavern; instead, I reckon they'd find themselves in temporary camps with wounded soldiers everywhere and a 'stressed' athmosphere, being ambushed by Shadow Warriors all the time (rookie guards = lousy guards = dead guards!)!

2. Elves don't drink beer -not even the war-like druchii. They are elves after all, and despite their savage approach to their former cousins, they are still a very civilized folk, albeit in another way than the Asur. Wine, I tell you... or invent some other drink, a druchii one :)

3. I wouldn't let the characters talk that much about themselves -show their ways and allegiances by how they act instead. I doubt that any druchii would be comfortable telling people about his allegiance to Tzeentch with spies, assassins and public executions happening everywhere.

4. Personally, I'd focus more on the battles. IMO, it would add a needed element of immediate danger to the story's 'feel'. I think it would be a bit more intense if none of the characters knew if they were going to survive the next day.

5. Also, that remark about the two spearmen taking more heads than Tullaris... don't go there, you'd be executed just for saying that in Naggaroth! :P How do you manage to cut a guy's head off with a spear anyway? ;)

I hope some of this was useful to you... or did I get it all wrong? :roll:
Regards, A.A.

"Epic Krueger the Mousefrightened was a trap, to see whether we'd generalize. Lose faith. Whine. Die inside.

And when the light seemed darkest... we get the visual equivalent of the opening lick from Thunderstruck."
Kaleth blackheart
Beastmaster

Post by Kaleth blackheart »

hmmmmm............it was alright but it seemed a little.....how can i put this nicely.......NAFF!!!!!!.......(oh yeah i wasnt being mean or anything)
Aspect Of The Pimp
Ambassador Of Druchii.net and TBG
Purging the Damned
Help a samurai out