Urian Posionblade fluff?

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Endra divini
Shade

Urian Posionblade fluff?

Post by Endra divini »

Greetings
I was wondering if anybody has details on Posionblade's fluff from the 5th ed druchii book. I really would like to learn more about him since I am quite intriged by who he was.

cheers.
Endra the corrupted

WS 6
S 3
T 3
D 4
I 4

Image: Tall and Lean.
His black armour leaks with a searing dark due.
And over his back is a cloak of which speaks to him of his past for he himself had long since forgotten it.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Sorry, quick question, are you asking for more info about Poisonblade's fluff BEYOND what was featured in the 5th ed druchii book or asking for the details of what fluff was including about IN the 5th ed book?
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Endra divini
Shade

Post by Endra divini »

deathknight27 wrote:Sorry, quick question, are you asking for more info about Poisonblade's fluff BEYOND what was featured in the 5th ed druchii book or asking for the details of what fluff was including about IN the 5th ed book?

Oh sorry, I guess I was abit unclear. ;) What i am looking for is the fluff included in the 5th ed book since I was never able to obtain it.

cheers.
Endra the corrupted

WS 6
S 3
T 3
D 4
I 4

Image: Tall and Lean.
His black armour leaks with a searing dark due.
And over his back is a cloak of which speaks to him of his past for he himself had long since forgotten it.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

In the 6th edition HE book, I recall reading that he was Malekith's chief assassin/champion. Was apparently a very good fighter but got tricked into complacency in a fight against Tyrion and got the old Sunfang to the gut.

Was replaced by Kouran, who also got killed by Tyrion... Pattern much?
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Cool,

I just purchased 5th ed from ebay a couple weeks back (lots of copies floating around there for 3-4 UKP). He has a full colour page devoted to him.

In short:

He was taught by the greatest masters of the fighting arts in Naggaroth. He let his teachers know that once he had learned all he could from them that he would slay them, unless they could kill him first, and he did so. It was said he knew over 10,000 ways to kill an opponent and 10,000 ways to cripple one. He could kill a bull with his bare hands and deflect an arrow with the sweep of his blade (apparently a common skill in 5th ed, as the swordmasters of hoeth could do this too...). He boasted that he could slay Khaine himself in single combat and some believe that it was this arrogant claim that led Khaine himself to bring about his undoing...

At the battle of finuvial plain he acted as the witch king's champion, challenging any who dared to fight him to step forward. First Arhalien of Yvresse and then Korhian Ironglaive, captain of the white lions, stepped forward and were slain like children. Then Tyrion stepped forward.

Tyrion and Urian fought relentlessly for an hour, before Tyrion slipped and Urian leaped forward, blade held high over his head to make the killing blow. As he did so however, Tyrian lunged forward from the ground with sunfang and poked him with it in the heart.

Urian's last words were "The simplest of tricks. You killed me with the simplest of tricks..."

That's a summation. Hope it helps :)
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Urian Poisonblade was the better of the two fighters (between him and Tyrion). None could out-do the other however. I think it was Urian who dodged all of Tyrions attacks, while Tyrions armour saved him from all of Urians attacks.

Then Tyrion fell and yadda yadda yadda - GW kills another great potential in the Dark Elven line.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Caiaphus
Corsair

Post by Caiaphus »

So, by this statement, it could be assumed that Urian was the more skilled fighter, because he dodged the attacks, whereas Tryrion just let the blows bounce off his armour.

But GW still feels the need to let Tyrion win :roll:
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Caiaphus wrote:So, by this statement, it could be assumed that Urian was the more skilled fighter, because he dodged the attacks, whereas Tryrion just let the blows bounce off his armour.

Well he was the better fighter, but I doubt Tyrion just let the blows glance off his armour alone. It's remarkable how he stayed alive that long and then relied on a trick which had a very low success rate. Or perhaps I'm mistaken and the arrogance of Urian must've spread far and wide.

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Caiaphus
Corsair

Post by Caiaphus »

Khel wrote:
Caiaphus wrote:So, by this statement, it could be assumed that Urian was the more skilled fighter, because he dodged the attacks, whereas Tryrion just let the blows bounce off his armour.

Well he was the better fighter, but I doubt Tyrion just let the blows glance off his armour alone. It's remarkable how he stayed alive that long and then relied on a trick which had a very low success rate. Or perhaps I'm mistaken and the arrogance of Urian must've spread far and wide.

Maybe he became desperate? Or GW writers just got lazy :lol:

Besides which, we're supposed to use dirty tricks like that.
Tengal the malicious
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Tengal the malicious »

Well he was the better fighter, but I doubt Tyrion just let the blows glance off his armour alone.

Now this is what I started wondering, he must have parried or dodged at least some hits. Saying he only relied on his bad-ass armour sounds like Naggarothi propaganda.

MaliciousEdit: yay, I'm off the Altar!
Lurking.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Tengal the Malicious wrote:
Well he was the better fighter, but I doubt Tyrion just let the blows glance off his armour alone.

Now this is what I started wondering, he must have parried or dodged at least some hits. Saying he only relied on his bad-ass armour sounds like Naggarothi propaganda.

MaliciousEdit: yay, I'm off the Altar!

All I could draw from my readings is that Urian could not break through the Armour of Asuryan which Tyrion wears.

This battle was also the one where Teclis pulls a nuke out of his arse while fighting Malekith.

Caiaphus
Corsair

Post by Caiaphus »

And here I was thinking that Nuclear Weapons were banned from warfare. That must have contravened a whole heap of treaties and conventions.

Stupid, cheating High Elves.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Caiaphus wrote:And here I was thinking that Nuclear Weapons were banned from warfare. That must have contravened a whole heap of treaties and conventions.

Stupid, cheating High Elves.

Stupid sexy Flanders! :P

Yeah! How dare those High Elves cheat! That's our job!

Tengal the malicious
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Tengal the malicious »

Quit whining, Urian should have known better. :D He had it coming.
Lurking.
Dialeth
Warrior

Post by Dialeth »

HE don´t cheat, because they are too sweet so they just cry until something happen or the have a new x factor (where X could be a unit hero or special rule) and win
we are the most graceful race. we can slay you in a thousant exquisit ways.
Join the Edotheism
Say NO to spotify
Vect
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Vect »

well urian gets his revenge in a way:P
i named my dreadlord with chillblade and pendant urian poisonblade
then i played against tyrion and high elves
pendent let me survive tyrion's bloddy annoying flaming attacks, then i whacked him 5 times with the chillblade, he fails 4 toughness tests
my opponant laughs and reminds me that tyrion has a 4+ward
then he rolls...and promptly fails all 4 of them
dead tyrion = :D
With Hatred, All things are possible.
Malus22
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Malus22 »

I wish they had a profile for tyrion in the current army book because he would be so badass @Zardock how did Kouran die??
"With Hate Anything is Possible" Malus Darkblade
Rkhatzar
Assassin

Post by Rkhatzar »

Urian firstly slaw many, many Elves, When no one stayed there, Tyrion came. They were fighting a lot, blow for a blow - I assume Tyrion had better armor, Urian had reflex:P [i assume becouse I'm Dark Elf:)].
Then Urian knock Tyrion on hes knees/beck, laught and placed last blow, but in between, befor his blade tasted flash, Tyrion jumped and pirced him.
And that's all. Urion died - "You've killed me with the simplest of tricks." [He should knew].

It was after he were fighting all day - even Dark Elves get tired.

Those treacherus, clever, filght High Elves... it wasn't fair. Not, at all....
”Fear in hearts, Fear in eyes, Fear is all before they die."
Dialeth
Warrior

Post by Dialeth »

Then, why the bloody irony of we, named the treacherous, and they called chivarlry with stuff like that... just annoying
But at least ÇUrian killed 3 HE characters (Icluding the former white lions chief)
we are the most graceful race. we can slay you in a thousant exquisit ways.
Join the Edotheism
Say NO to spotify
Hainzy
Dark Rider

Post by Hainzy »

I think there was a thread (or perhaps many) here a while ago that was dedicated to Poisonblade.

I'm pretty sure people put forward stats, special rules, magic items and value of the killing machine Urian. If I can find it I'll post the link.

As for the battle between Urian and Tyrion.

I think they were pretty much even in skill and ability. Just black and white in terms of character.

But for my money I'd rather skillfully dodge, parry (maybe sneak in a riposte) blows than cop one on the breast plate.

How do you think it would look if you saw Tyrion's armour buckled and beaten, then look to Urian who (apart from a gaping hole in the guts) would be pretty much unscathed?

Hmmm....

Cheers.
H :twisted:
You can take your vamp lord on zombie dragon, 48 graveguard, blackcoach, 3 wraiths, 2 units of dogs and your 3 units of 10 piddly zombies and shove them up your f&$%ing a$$.....

Worst game of warhammer I've ever played.....

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"