DE an LM ally's?

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Gramash
Dark Rider

DE an LM ally's?

Post by Gramash »

ey all
i was wondering if LM could ally with DE fluff wise?

i know the dark elves steal treasures and stuff but isn't there a possible alliance between them?

please help

gramash
I was once a dwarf, but then a big dragon appeared. I rose my axe,ready to fight, but the rider said:come to the dark side...
we have cookies!
Well i couldn't resist that!
Now i am the mighty general of a dark elf army MUHUHAHA (still need to work on that evil laugh though)
Thenick18
Assassin

Post by Thenick18 »

I could see an alliance happening on a local scale, not necessarily Naggoroth and Lustria allied. As DE lords try to set up local encampments and cities, I can see them allying with local lizardmen magistrates.
Highborn on black dragon
Executioner

Post by Highborn on black dragon »

thenick18 wrote:I could see an alliance happening on a local scale, not necessarily Naggoroth and Lustria allied. As DE lords try to set up local encampments and cities, I can see them allying with local lizardmen magistrates.

The Lizarmen would never ally themselves with Druchii - they see them as something, that isn't part of the Great plan. The only situation, in which i think it's possible for the 2 races to form an alliance is, if Chaos makes an invasion, that threatens both Dark Elves and Lizardmen
Sanity is highly overrated
Thanatoz
Noble

Post by Thanatoz »

If by "ally" you mean "subtly manipulated into a goal benefitting the Druchii", then yes, why not. DE can ally with any race under that premise.

Otherwise, Druchii and LM share a number of characteristics, like xenophobia. So not likely.
Thenick18
Assassin

Post by Thenick18 »

Highborn on Black Dragon wrote:
thenick18 wrote:I could see an alliance happening on a local scale, not necessarily Naggoroth and Lustria allied. As DE lords try to set up local encampments and cities, I can see them allying with local lizardmen magistrates.

The Lizarmen would never ally themselves with Druchii - they see them as something, that isn't part of the Great plan. The only situation, in which i think it's possible for the 2 races to form an alliance is, if Chaos makes an invasion, that threatens both Dark Elves and Lizardmen

Misunderstood what I said...please read posts thoroughly before responding. The nations would never ally, local officials trying to get ahead in certain regions might.
Jabby
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Jabby »

I seriously doubt the Lizardmen would ally with anyone. They aren't evil, but they really aren't that good either. Its a different flavor of good really.

But with that I agree with thenick18 in that locally anything is possible. But the time frame would be brief at best.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

The lizard men might not attack Druchii forces if there was a greater enemy, and the Druchii might not attack lizardman forces if there was nothing to be gained, but fight on the same side, no.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Gramash
Dark Rider

Post by Gramash »

ok thanks for your reply's
so i see it's gonna be hard to do a team battle fluff wise?

or does anyone know a solution for that?
I was once a dwarf, but then a big dragon appeared. I rose my axe,ready to fight, but the rider said:come to the dark side...
we have cookies!
Well i couldn't resist that!
Now i am the mighty general of a dark elf army MUHUHAHA (still need to work on that evil laugh though)
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

I do. Just say that the genera of your army offered to return many magical items stolen from the Lizardmen as a gift of good faith, in order to utilise their help in a coming battle.

Of course the druchii general intends to kill of his erst while allies afterwards and plunder all their treasures for a profit.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

It depends on the opponant and the location of the fight. If say there were Chaos forces attacking a lizardmen temple that the Druchii had every intention of sacking themselves the two might fight more or less on the same side for a little bit. Chaos is the easist find a reason for because lizardmen will put aside almost any other enmities to stop it, but you can probobly find a short term reason for most races.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Hauclir
Trainee Warrior

Post by Hauclir »

It might be interesting if you fluff it up with the idea that Zardock mentioned, and then have a 1-on-1 fight with the lizardmen general after the fact, maybe even with just the survivors of the previous 2-on-2 fight. Could make for an interesting match.

Please don't raise threads that have been dead for as long as this one has unless you have something new to add.

-Drainial, HOD Mod.
Bounce
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bounce »

I could see a Saurus general getting a bit confused and fighting with Dark Elves.
The dark elves just spin some tale about some prescious relic which was stolen by the high Elves and that the Dark Elves would even come and "help" the Lizards retrieve it.

Lizardman aren't all that bright and could probably be manipulated. Perhaps even some of them are just turning towards their more bloodthirsty nature of being giant savage dinosaurs.

I can just see a Dark Elf version of the Engine of the Gods. :)
"I will embrace death without regret as I embrace life without fear"
ImageImageImage
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Saurus are not that bright, Skinks in the other hand are very bright and Slaan are creatures of incredible intellect.

Gentleman of Moderation
L1qw1d
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by L1qw1d »

If you look in the book about who can team with whom, Lizzies can team with anyone EXCEPT Chaos- but not allow anyone except other Lizzies run thru them.

Druchii is for the most part opposite- we hate everyone, but can partly ally with them as need comes up (and...we like Chaos... just don't tell THEM that..). So it would need a nice twist of fluff, and you couldn't move thru them (bad on fleeing, and weird to explain if you're writing) but you could at least sit on the same side of the table and try to eat High Elves...
Oderint dum Metuant.