Drukh-Eltharin – Druchii language questions

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Kuanor
Black Guard

Drukh-Eltharin – Druchii language questions

Post by Kuanor »

First of all: I know and use the Druchii Language Guide.
But I still have some questions.

The first question is: I didn’t find there any information about the plural forms in drukhir. Are there any information about this?
Nauglir (a word newer than the dictionary) is used in plural unchanged. What would be the plural of Kynead? “Kyneadi” or also unchanged?

Second question is some more specific: How would Druchii call scaly horses (a new race created by my highborn)? I’m talking about these beasts.
First I thought about simple “Senlead” (from “Senlu”) meaning fast creature but this already could be a name for any type of horse.

Any ideas?
Nathaneal_deathchaser
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Nathaneal_deathchaser »

I’m talking about these beasts .

I'm taking it those aren't Negulair or cold ones?
I am the chosen of Khaine.
I love using Cold One Knights. Their charge is a decisive weapon.
Kuanor
Black Guard

Post by Kuanor »

Neither COs nor Nauglir and not at all Negulair. ;)
They are beasts counting as Horses in the game and chosen for a scaly themed army. The original Models are GorkaMorka Mutie Beasts.
Archangel
Executioner

Post by Archangel »

nice models, and good luck on choosing a name for ya steeds ill only add make it a lithe sound, nauglir seem like a heavy word great for coldones.

Senlead great but have a play with how it sounds and go nuts.
I sing the hymn of the conquered, who fall in the battle of life,
The hymn of the wounded, the beaten who died overwhelmed in the strife.
Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

wel the seem a cross between a monster and a animal so maybe a cros of those words being

monster/beasts: kuron

creature/animal: ead

eadron, kuread, eadkur,....

since nauglir or CO are more kin to dragons then animals/beasts, it probably woudn't be fitting to give a derivative to your scaly horsies
Kuanor
Black Guard

Post by Kuanor »

Haha, this thread is just one year old. I thought it was older. ^^
Anyway, since in September flash wrote something it would be wrong to add something 3/4 year later.

Yes “kuron” means beast. But it’s used in words like hydra and manticore while COs are refered to as animals (kynead = kynth + ead = cold animals). So I doubt scaly horses, smaller than COs, would be called similar to the realy big “~kuron”-things.

Another idea could be “Kython” (=serpent, with some more unfitting meanings like ‘knowlege’). But Kythead sound quite like Kynead. Not sure if it’s god or bad.