Elven god of plageu

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Jungly
Cold One Knight

Elven god of plageu

Post by Jungly »

Hi I was building an army of dark elves devoted to Nurgle, but I just wondered if there was an elven god of plague that I could use instead so instead of them being thrown out of dark elf societyfor chaos worship. They could actually be just another cult devoted to one of the many elven gods.
Acrila

Shade

Skill. basic stealth

WS5 S4 T4 D4 I3

Weapons. Light armour dagger short sword(Shadow dancer) crossbow
rope and grapple. paralyzing poison pick locks 20 caltrops. 10 meters of wire . ignition concoction( three uses) smoke bomb 3 cilps of bolts

463 gold
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

No, Elves are to aesthetic to worship a god of decay, they do have a goddess of death though.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Eolelfslayer
Dark Rider

Post by Eolelfslayer »

Like Dalmar said. I could see them being pretty morbid, though.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

.Chaos gods are complicated; Slaanesh draws power from the appreciation of gemery and fine art as well as drug fuelled cross species orgies, in the same way Nurgle is about more than simple physical decay. If anything it is the mind that Nurgle focuses more upon, though it is far less visible. Nurgle is about the end of hope, despair and helplessness despite all of your strength, in the face of which only turning to a greater power can help you (i.e. Nurgle).

I don't know that there is an elven god equivalent to this, but there is no particular reason why there should not be, possibly as part of Moria Heg possibly as a standalone lesser deity tied to Nurgle in the same way that Khaine is tied to Khorne; definitely separate gods but drawing upon very similar emotions and acts for their strength and followers.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Dalamar wrote:No, Elves are to aesthetic to worship a god of decay

Surely one of the defining issues amongst elven society is the gradual decline and decay of their culture, brought into the spotlight by the relevant virility and vibrant upsurge of human civilisation. Even if they don't actively worship a god of decay (Father Nurgle or another unknown Elven God of Decay), these deities must play some role in elven society.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

To play a role they have to exist.

Decay is an ugly thing, elves don't like ugly, it's against their nature.

Morai-Heg, goddess of underworld and death would be the best as death is also a sign of passing time and inevitability which can link to hopelessness and despair.

But it's still not even close to Nurgle who enjoys the physical part of decay as much as the psychological one.
7th edition army book:

Brad
Executioner

Post by Brad »

ISTR I read - many editions ago - that Elves are more resistant to disease than humans. Thus, they are highly unlikely to have any particular need for any sort of plague god.
A missive from the desk of Kylekin, Prince of Nhaeroth, Land of the Setting Sun

8th ed stats (W/L/D)
DE: 1/0/0
DoC: 2/1/0
Empire: 0/1/0
WoC: 0/1/0
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Dalamar wrote:To play a role they have to exist.

Decay is an ugly thing, elves don't like ugly, it's against their nature.

Beauty and ugliness is a matter of opinion and perspective

Dalamar wrote:Morai-Heg, goddess of underworld and death would be the best as death is also a sign of passing time and inevitability which can link to hopelessness and despair.

Possibly, and as I say an aspect of Mori Heg might be the best way to go, though for a race of such incredible natural longevity elven feelings towards death may well be considerably more accepting on the whole than those of humans, not to mention the fact physically their bodies change far less with advancing age.

Dalamar wrote:But it's still not even close to Nurgle who enjoys the physical part of decay as much as the psychological one.

As I say Chaos gods are complex. That said I suspect that a good deal of the point of the army is conversion and painting opportunities so there needs to be physical signs of their allegiance.

I think perhaps the best option might be to have a corrupted cult, one that formally worshiped Mori Heg, and aspect of Khaine or a lesser god that you make up but which has been corrupted into the worship of Nurgle, quite possibly without knowing it. The Chaos gods are so primal and all sweeping that it is possible that changing just a little of your religion might essentially take you away from it. Abandoning or side lining the need to use strength to protect the weak and virtuous in the church of Sigmar could easily leave the door open for Khorne for example. It could easily be the same thing here.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

I wonder if Slannesh would be the way to go.

As I understand it, elven society has to some extent followed the path below:

1. Vibrant elven race reaches peak of potential after the chaos wars, begins a golden age where the elves are intent on exploring and building, acting as young energetic children in a world filled with wonder.
2. Elven society stops being so vibrant and outward facing, instead becoming more corrupt and self centred.
3. Elven society becomes corrupted and decadent. Community values become forgotten, the outside world is viewed as unnecessary and elves become obsessed with themselves and pleasure.
4. Elven society decays as elves begin putting themselves first. This has real physical manifestations: elves eat badly, focusing on unhealthy foods with low nutrient value. They stop looking after their bodies so much, being obsessed only with the pursuit of pleasure. This includes gorging themselves with food and drink.
5. Elven society is corrupted and decayed, both physically and psychologically.

The pleasure cults of Ulthuan were mostly associated with Slannesh. But I think there's room for Nurgle or an equivalent Elven god of decay in there too...
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Bear in mind one thing.

Elves are all but immune to mutation.

Only one truly mutated elf exists, Dechala.
For Storm of Chaos, we had Druchii Annointed, elves that spent millenia in Chaos Wastes (the most mutating place mortals can survive in) and come out with tiny changes like unnatural skin tone or changed eyes.
7th edition army book:

Jungly
Cold One Knight

Post by Jungly »

Thanks. I think I'll go with the idea of them starting off worshiping Mori Heg and slowly becoming corrupted towards Nurgle, but still formally worshiping Mori Heg, and that they do not think of themselves as chaos worshipers. The no mutation bit also works well in the plan. will though I like the colors and the idea of a Nurgle army I do not want to have to add boils all over my sorceress.

Where can I find information on Mori Heg?.
Acrila

Shade

Skill. basic stealth

WS5 S4 T4 D4 I3

Weapons. Light armour dagger short sword(Shadow dancer) crossbow
rope and grapple. paralyzing poison pick locks 20 caltrops. 10 meters of wire . ignition concoction( three uses) smoke bomb 3 cilps of bolts

463 gold
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Critical Hit would be a good start, it is out dated but so far as I know not suplanted in this regard.

Gentleman of Moderation
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Dalamar wrote:Elves are all but immune to mutation.

True, but they can be scarred and made deformed. Our King Malekith is a leading example.

Don't be a munchkin?

Sezax
Black Guard

Post by Sezax »

I agree with Dalamar, altough if you consider BL canonic there was a cause of female druchii pirate who did not mind.

If you insist then I would recommend Nethu since he is associated with disseases.