House of Teslanar

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Night rider
Shade

House of Teslanar

Post by Night rider »

A couple of days ago, having settled on collecting the Druchii, an idea came to me for the main characters in my army (the General, BSB and a Sorceress).
Hopefully it will fit with canon, as I only possess the 6th ed Druchii book.

Background for the House of Teslanar.
~ The house of Teslanar is originally from Chrace. To be deemed worthy of the family name a member must return to Chrace, kill one of the great Lions of Chrace and escape the land with its pelt - it is equally acceptable for them to prove their worthiness by killing a White Lion (with the White Lion's signature axe armour and pelt required as evidence).
~ This noble house was one of the first to recognise Malekith as the rightful Phoenix King when the civil war first broke out, and it has fought in his service ever since.
~ The house is currently ruled by three siblings named Kagnar, Rayne and Malissar. Kagnar and Rayne are skilled warriors while Malissar is a sorceress.
Their mother and father were killed on Death Night by an Assassin and as a result of this the three are uncommonly close and protective of one another for Druchii.
They lived with their great-uncle for a time. While he was a perfectionist the three siblings proved able to meet his expectations. However there was little they could do but endure his occasional mental breaks and accompanying violent fits until they entered their teens, when one night the three killed him in response to his first striking then drawing a blade on Malissar.
Since that time the three have properly claimed their family name. All three are gifted hunters and relish every opportunity to do so.
----
What do you think?
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Largely fine, one or two nit picks would be that Assasins don't kill on death night, that is a miabed party, and that a teenage elf is still a child so you might want to bump their ages up a few decades. Other than that it fits and seems good to me,
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Night rider
Shade

Post by Night rider »

Drainial wrote:Largely fine, one or two nit picks would be that Assasins don't kill on death night, that is a miabed party, and that a teenage elf is still a child so you might want to bump their ages up a few decades. Other than that it fits and seems good to me,

Oh okay.

I knew Assassins sometimes pick locks on certain houses prior to the actual night, so I wasn't sure if it was a stretch for one to kill on Death Night using that as a cover for a hit.

In terms of them having killed their great uncle while they were teens my thought process was more about how soon they would be physically capable of killing him. Cause they'd need a certain level of strength to do so.
Still I do see what you're driving at.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

My guess would be late seventies early eighties, but thats more or less conjecture based of Shadowblade being 'young' but fully adult at 150.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Night rider
Shade

Post by Night rider »

Drainial wrote:My guess would be late seventies early eighties, but thats more or less conjecture based of Shadowblade being 'young' but fully adult at 150.

Maybe.

I guess this'd be dependent on when they would have been physically capable of overcoming an older Elf, as a trio, as well as when they would have been mentally capable of acting as adults.
Perhaps what's needed is something like "after they killed their great-uncle they were taken in by a much more stable cousin" that way it would just become a question of when they could have overcome him physically.
danceman wrote:I can just imagine Dave Attenborough going;

"...and as you can see the Alpha male moves with a commanding presence among the herd, ever watchful for any competing male who would challenge his mating-rights." :D