House of Teslanar v2

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Night rider
Shade

House of Teslanar v2

Post by Night rider »

Well I've gone back over the House of Teslanar and here's the revised version.

The House of Teslanar.
~ The house of Teslanar is originally from Chrace. To be deemed worthy of the family name a member must return to Chrace, kill one of the great Lions of Chrace and escape the land with its pelt - it is equally acceptable for them to prove their worthiness by killing a White Lion (with the White Lion's signature axe armour and pelt required as evidence).

~ This noble house was one of the first to recognise Malekith as the rightful Phoenix King when the civil war first broke out, and it has fought in his service ever since.

~ The house of Teslanar feel a particular disgust for the White Lions.
Not only have the White Lions disgraced the name of Chrace by becoming the bodyguards of the Pretender-Kings but they were also responsible for driving the Teslanars from their ancestoral home.

~ The house is currently ruled by three siblings named Kagnar, Rayne and Malissar.

Kagnar and Rayne are skilled warriors who have been trained by, and earned the respect of, many nobles including Shades, Cold One Knights, Executioners and members of the Black Guard. Malissar is a gifted Sorceress, she has also been trained in combat by various nobles.
Kagnar is the oldest, Rayne the middle sibling and Malissar is the youngest.

All three are gifted hunters, who relish every opportunity to hunt, and are proficient with all Druchii weapons though they favour swords.

Their mother and father were killed by an Assassin when they were in their early 20s, as a result of witnessing this the three are uncommonly close and protective of one another for Druchii.

They lived with their great-uncle for a time, as Kildar (their favourite uncle) had just left on a 15 year raiding mission. While their great-uncle was a perfectionist the talented siblings proved able to meet his expectations, however in response to his occasional mental breaks and accompanying violent fits there was little they could do but endure until they entered their 50s, when one night the three killed him in response to his first striking then drawing a blade on Malissar.

After their slaying of their great-uncle they were taken in by Kildar who had offered to take them in 30 years earlier only to be rebuffed by his father. In contrast to his father Kildar found his young nephews and niece engaging and exceptionally talented, and merely provided a subtle refining edge to their education for the next 40 years.

As he expected the three learnt fast and well and in their 110s each properly proved their worthiness to bear the family name, in particularly impressive fashion; Kagnar came upon a White Lion engaged in a fight with a Lion and slew both, Rayne slew a Lion and upon discovering it was a mother he took its cubs, Malissar seduced and killed two White Lions.

Vague ideas I have are:
~ Kagnar to be a converted character riding on a White Lion.
~ The family to be on bad terms with the Temple of Khaine as a result of the killing of their mother and father by an Assassin. Or if the Assassin was a Skaven Assassin they could have a more extensive back-story against Skaven.
---

Anyway, how's that?
Last edited by Night rider on Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
danceman wrote:I can just imagine Dave Attenborough going;

"...and as you can see the Alpha male moves with a commanding presence among the herd, ever watchful for any competing male who would challenge his mating-rights." :D
Night rider
Shade

Post by Night rider »

Anyone?

"...and as you can see the Alpha male moves with a commanding presence among the herd, ever watchful for any competing male who would challenge his mating-rights." :D
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

It is a good background; you have fixed everything that was wrong originally. It is both engaging and sensible. Which is probably why no one posted.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Night rider
Shade

Post by Night rider »

Drainial wrote:It is a good background; you have fixed everything that was wrong originally. It is both engaging and sensible. Which is probably why no one posted.

Thanks, I was wondering if I'd stuffed up in some other way since I'd heard nothing back.