Fluff quiery

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Night rider
Shade

Fluff quiery

Post by Night rider »

Hey Guys,

As I'm gonna collect Skaven and Dwarves as a contrast to my Druchii Host I'm just wondering how I could, feasibly, go about including Dwarves in the fluff of the House of Teslanar.

Skaven seem reasonably easy - the tunnel of one Clan happened to emerge in Naggaroth near to where the House of Teslanar now lives (Arnheim), there were demarcation disputes, tempers became frayed, one thing led to another and well need I finish?

But the Dwarves are firmly an old-world power, a declining one but a power none-the-less, so how to include them doesn't seem as easy - any suggestions?
danceman wrote:I can just imagine Dave Attenborough going;

"...and as you can see the Alpha male moves with a commanding presence among the herd, ever watchful for any competing male who would challenge his mating-rights." :D
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well if you have any preliminary thoughts on the fluff you are going to use for your dwarf army that would be a help. Off the top of my head I think the easiest way to link dwarves to anything is through their obsession with grudge keeping. For instance should house Telsanar have raided a small settlement (a mine or something, I can't see anyone raiding a stronghold) it would be cause enough for a grudge descending through generations, particularly if they killed/enslaved someone important.

Where they would meet after that is a little harder, after all no dwarf has ever set foot in Naggaroth other than in chains (and maybe Gotrek, but I haven't read elf slayer yet so I can't say for sure). Any meeting would probably have to be in the old world.

I suppose you could base your dwarves in Barrak Var, in which case your thane could be captain of an iron clad. That certainly gives more scope for meetings so long as house Telsanar has a fleet for raiding.

That's pretty much all I can think of right now.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Night rider
Shade

Post by Night rider »

Drainial, that sounds like a great idea.

The House of Teslanar could certain have a raiding fleet, since they live close to the Blackspine Mountains and thus the Undersea.
In fact in the most recent House of Teslanar fluff I had set up Kildar was a raider of high but unconfirmed rank (since he could 'retire' to raise his Nephews and Niece). So it should be easy enough to include a naval raider aspect to the House's backstory.

A raid on a mine could certainly have sparked a bitter grudge from the Dwarfs, which can now finally be pursued as the Dwarf Fleet can cross the sea.
Another thought that occurs to me is could Dwarfs have a small hold in the New World, for trading and mining some of the minerals of the New World?

Definitely got some thoughts to play with now, thanks :)
danceman wrote:I can just imagine Dave Attenborough going;

"...and as you can see the Alpha male moves with a commanding presence among the herd, ever watchful for any competing male who would challenge his mating-rights." :D
Malekii
Shade

Post by Malekii »

I was thinking that maybe on a raiding party the Druchii captured many dwarves including the hold leaders son. And then maybe the dwarves, as to avenge their fallen dwarves and to rescue as many captured dwarves as possible they attack naggaroth (or at least the house telsennar).
Never trust a monster wearing a top hat

Hi, i'm Malekii but you can call me My Lord.