our race never accomplishes anything

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Dropping an army from sales? not really.
Changing it, yes, definitely.
High Elves kicked off Ulthuan, sailing to their forgotten and abandoned colonies, meeting a cold welcome from their kin who felt abandoned, having to adjust to the cold reality of leaving outside of ulthuan.

Only thing I see is opportunity for new units and increased sales!
Last edited by Dalamar on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Malus99
Scourge
Scourge

Post by Malus99 »

"what you fear is the unknown" change is a risk, as the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Veni, Vidi, Voro!!!

All things perish, this is the law of existence, accept your suffering and your mortality, only by using this truth, can you transcend it.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

An elven army driven from Ulthuan and forced to adapt to the harsh reality of life byond the blessed isle and going to lands known in the old colonial days, now if only GW did an army like that. Maybe they could call them Dark Elves.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Cathel wrote:From what goes around rumourwise we cannot accomplish anything because of realworld preferences. There has been some discussion when the big campaign (don't remember the name) had the bad boys, especially druchii, leading just close to the end. Then Teclis worked a miracle and suddenly a lot of HE generals, without any intrigue at court managed to work together and list victory over vitory.

I think that the world is kept static to keep all (major) armies in the game and the players liking their armies. No major thing would be accomplished because it might put people of the game or a specific army at least.
Should we really conquer Ulthuan, HE would be out. Dropping an army from sales? Not likely.

Buzzkill. ;) But absolutely right.
Tah kazak rik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Tah kazak rik »

Well I have to say that Dark Elves are accomplished in some ways:

*Managed to create War between Dwarves and High Elves, which broke the strength monopoly of both races. This is one of our grandest achievements.

*Have been responsible for the deaths of a few Phoenix Kings

*Manage to constantly pressure High Elves, which prevents them from assisting the Humans with full capacity

*Manage to spread fear world wide of "our" raiders and slavers

*Manage to maintain control of Huge land claims, much larger than the Empire

*Manage to maintain reputation as rutheless killers and powerful mages.

*Have the most skilled assassins of any race

*Manage to maintain the longest dynasty of any ruler in history

*Manage to cling to our holdings without the assistance of any other race, unlike the Dwarves and Humans

So yeah I would say we are accomplished.
Tzelok
Beastmaster

Post by Tzelok »

Warmachine/Hordes manages to move the story line forward without pushing any of the armies out. If privateer can do it I don't see why GW can't? I mean what would be so wrong with having high elves lose and having to take refuge with their Imperial allies for example?
Army Plog Below:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=63015

Scratch Built Druchii Tower:
http://druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=67976&highlight=

The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Camaris
Black Guard

Post by Camaris »

Blondshade, if you want to read some fluff about really badass DE, I would highly recommend the Malus Darkblade novels. It's pretty much six novels of watching the guy take out armies by himself.

Anyway, the reason that DE are portrayed as getting their asses kicked all the time is because the majority of the fluff centers around the HE-DE war. The HE fluff dictates that they would pretty much die before they got kicked out of Ulthuan, so if the DE were to get a major victory against them, it would be the end of the HE army.

I am wishlisting that when the new dex comes out, it will have less fluff about the civil war, and more fluff about the piracy aspect of the DE and their wars against chaos in the north. This will no doubt show more of DE winning, since they are the best pirates in the world. I understand that a significant portion of fluff would still have to be dedicated to the civil war. However, I don't think that ninety-five percent of it needs to be covering the civil war. -shrugs-
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Or indeed that it be written from a Dark Elf perspective this time. And that they get rid of that silly thing about Tullaris destroying a village because he didn't like it's name. As if he was ever going to not destroy the village.

Tah Kazak Rik wrote:*Manage to cling to our holdings without the assistance of any other race, unlike the Dwarves and Humans.

Of course, that's all in the definition. "Assistance" could mean many things. Some of the races' "assistance" has been most valuable.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite