Idea for Sea Witch Army

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Teethofthedeep
Slave on the Altar

Idea for Sea Witch Army

Post by Teethofthedeep »

Hope this is in the right spot. Just wondering what y'all think. I've been out of gaming for a long time but my present situation allows for alot of "sitting around, coming up with fluff."

So my thinking is, I want to base an army on a Sea Witch. In this case using the Queen Skarre figure as my sorceress general www.thewarstore.com/media/PIP34068.jpg
and having the rest of the force consist of a "cult" army with the intent of having them worship Khaine in his aspect of the "Kraken of the Deep."

To this end, I'm planning on some conversions:
1. Swapping my spearelves and MXB shields with saurus shields (for the sea dragon look)
2. Using a Bathalian Exarch as a hydra (for the obvious reasons) www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/bathalian/oldest/50062
3. Using a Bathalian pirate as a stand-in for a Corsair Hero (like Lokhir)
www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/bathalian/oldest/03135
4. Converting a CoB from the foredeck of a ship with a giant squid
5. Lots and lots of Corsairs

I'm planning on them establishing an outpost somewhere off the coast of Lustria to allow for a base of operations for easy relic snatching from the lizards (think Tortuga). Unfortunately I only had the chance to paint some corsairs before I deployed but I'm hoping it will come together when I get home.

Comments welcome.
"The careful application of terror is another form of communication."

"Violence may not be the best option, but it's still an option."

"Why is the rum gone?"
Lepaca
Shade

Post by Lepaca »

Sounds like a very nice concept!
But why go for a Bathalian pirate instead of just taking Lokhir?
Teethofthedeep
Slave on the Altar

Post by Teethofthedeep »

I like the Lokhir model and will probably include him later as a Corsair hero but the Bathalian just seemed to be more in fitting with the rest of the theme, at least to start.

I'm somewhat of a Cthulu fan and the idea of my Corsair master having a helmet that actually looked like him (thoughts of Disney's Davy Jones) just appealed to me. And since I plan on making the most of the tentacley goodness, I think it jives with the whole look of the army.

I'm planning for the CoB to be the centerpiece and I have a vague idea of how I want it to look but it's still coming together. But squids all around!
"The careful application of terror is another form of communication."

"Violence may not be the best option, but it's still an option."

"Why is the rum gone?"