Of Morkar, the first everchosen?

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Endra divini
Shade

Of Morkar, the first everchosen?

Post by Endra divini »

Greetings to all

As many know Morkar is the first everchosen. The problem with him however is that his time of incursion is placed at somewhat inapproriate times.

Before it was retconned Morkar was the general of the first chaos incursion against the High Elves and was slain by Aenarion.

-The main problems with this come to having mortals followers (besides beastmen) within the time period since chaos had just entered the world and the daemons were the true hosts of the dark four.

-Another problem is that of Be'lakor for he would have had to have been cursed beforehand and it is said he reigned for centuries precesseding the fall of the gates. Plus he was worshipped by various mortal tribes which again can be problematic.

Now the rectonned Morkar is said to have been slain by Sigmar.

-The problem with this scenario is that there is no recorded incursions during Sigmars time, especially not one of which was lead by the first everchosen. Besides Sigmar was named Heldenhammer for his true enemies were the greenskins and of course good ol Nagash.

So with this I've been thinking of a more plausible time for Morkar's incursion and have come upon the idea of prehaps he could have lead the great mortal incursion of which assaulted Ghrond in -1666. Granted this is not canon but in your opinion would this become a more plausible outcome for the first everchosen's assault?
If not what else do you think would make a better time setting for Morkar's reign?

cheers.
Endra the corrupted

WS 6
S 3
T 3
D 4
I 4

Image: Tall and Lean.
His black armour leaks with a searing dark due.
And over his back is a cloak of which speaks to him of his past for he himself had long since forgotten it.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

The thing is that all of the everchosen have come from the north; no southern/eastern everchosen has been recorded. It may well be that one warlord could unite the south eastern tribes but they would not take the crown of the everchosen. Belakor is not really a problem since although he thinks he ought to be the everchosen he never was one, he was simply the first of the daemon princes to be raised from the Warhammer world (which you would have thought would be distinction enough but there is no pleasing some people).

I don't think it is too much of a stretch to assume that there were mortal followers of chaos in the first invasion; mankind was (in the Warhammer world) created as an attempt to fight chaos that was left half finished and therefore staggeringly vulnerable to the influence of the four. Certainly they were not advanced, we are talking cave man types of people for the most part during the first chaos war but still they would probably have been more advanced than the beastmen that made up much of the forces of chaos in the first deamon incursion.

The GW retcon to have Morkar killed by Sigmar admittedly does not make a great deal of sense and I do not know why they did it. It is not as if Sigmar was devoid of incredible achievements in any case, defeating the orks at Blackfire and founding the empire would have been enough to establish his rep as a divine emperor not to mention 'killing' Nagash. That being said it is wrong to say that there is no record of Chaos activity in the time of Sigmar, I have not read much of the age of legend books, only Malekith and the second of the Heldemhammer series but in that second book there is a conflict with chaos, admittedly Morkar does not appear in it, rather is Azazel who is the main chaos lord if memory serves but none the less it is clear that chaos was a considerable force during the foundation of the empire. The Liber Chaotica also speaks on this theme stating that there were a number of daemons who implanted themselves in the wombs of mortal women in order to be born into the world immune from rituals of banishment who ruled the north through skill of arms until they were killed by a human of incredible strength and prowess by name of Sigmar.

On the other hand it is not really worth dwelling on the reasons why GW retcons things, they seem to do it on a whim directed only by the preferences of those writing fluff at any particular moment.

I am not sure what your point is when you say that he was named Heldenhammer. I mean yes he was named Heldenhammer but I was always of the opinion that that meant Sigmar the hammer holder or something close to that, maybe some German speaker can correct me on that but so far as I am aware is has little to do with Green Skins.

To summarise then I think that it is unlikely that Morkar's invasion would have been of Naggaroth simply because southern waste warlords do not take the crown of the ever chosen and further more it does seem perfectly possible to me that Morkar could have been everchosen during the first chaos war but to pit him against Sigmar does not make a great deal of sense. I would finally ad however that since GW currently says that he was killed by Sigmar that is the time he was in, it doesn't make much sense but it is their game and they get to say when Morkar was killed and thus when he was alive.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Sigmar Heldenhammer

Or Sigmar, the guy who's holding the hammer

His last name comes from Ghal Maraz
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Malus22
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Malus22 »

@endra divini
i think that 1666 sounds about right because there were no great incursions to the empire so it couldnt have been sigmar nor aenarion that killed him so it must have been around that time
"With Hate Anything is Possible" Malus Darkblade