Druchii populations?

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Endra divini
Shade

Druchii populations?

Post by Endra divini »

Greetings everyone

I've allways been curious on the estimated populations of the many fantasy races and am curious on where the druchii stand.

I believe I read somewhere that Naggarond has near 1 million but the other's I could only guess.

For Ghrond I could see prehaps 10-50 thousand due to it being a fortified location not a living settlement like the other cities.

What are your thoughts on it?

cheers.
Endra the corrupted

WS 6
S 3
T 3
D 4
I 4

Image: Tall and Lean.
His black armour leaks with a searing dark due.
And over his back is a cloak of which speaks to him of his past for he himself had long since forgotten it.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I'm not sure on exact population details, but I know that Naggarond itself has been stated to be at least 3 times the size of Altdorf if that's any help.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

That may be the case but the DE population vice the slave population are two different things. Probably a 1 to 10 ratio of DE to slaves. Really the population doesn't matter too much. As long as there are always thousands elves that can kill each other the battles will go on and on.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

female dark elves are encouraged to have as many male partners as possible, while it is a show of self restraint for a male to only have one (any more for a male and its a sign of weakness). Add the relatively low cost for spear men, I'd say you could have a large population. Add the fact female dark elves are encouraged to go to battle only in times of war (I.E. chaos invasion or Malekeith makes a full scale assault on Ulthuane) with the rest of the time tending to familiar issues like running the house and killing their husband's rivals, this could leave them plenty of time to have children.

However, the slave population would be even higher. If the DE often sound like the darker aspects of ancient Rome and Sparta, and their slaves, especially the ones in the minds, generally had a very short shelf life do to the hardships they suffer under. I can see them encouraged to mate often to increase the numbers, while the raids would bring in fresher servants.