The taking of anlec and the wars that follow?

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Endra divini
Shade

The taking of anlec and the wars that follow?

Post by Endra divini »

Greetings everyone.

One thing I've wondered is with the timeline it says the wars between the druchii within the shadowlands and the asur lasts for six centuries then another 300 years before they are finally removed from Ulthuan. Now mabye I'm not knowledged enough but how could the war possibly have drawn on for so long without a victor?

Plus with the invasion of 2301 it only took two years to drive the rest of the druchii out whats the deal I ask?

cheers.
Endra the corrupted

WS 6
S 3
T 3
D 4
I 4

Image: Tall and Lean.
His black armour leaks with a searing dark due.
And over his back is a cloak of which speaks to him of his past for he himself had long since forgotten it.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Full scale Druchii invasions are normally that drawn out. Thousand year wars where Ulthuan is slowly ripped apart by madness, war and death is normal, at least for GW standards. Yes, they can make you scratch your head in wonder when you hear of Druchii remnants getting cleared out in a matter of years.

You must understand that the Dark Elves and the High Elves will always be fighting over Ulthuan. Of course, we'll never actually capture it and defeat the traitorous swine, but we'll always have a substantial victory here and there or a successful raid for instance, such as the raid on Eataine which is just off the coast near Lothern.

While we will never truly reach our goals, we will always see the pure, bloody minded violence and sheer determination and hatred between the two cultures. All High Elves are put through the militia, much like the Dark Elves and how they are put through the City Guard and various spear regiments. What I'm saying is that both are trained for too different purposes.

Dark Elves: Their cold, analytical hatred for everything, especially High Elves, their determination to capture what they believe to be theirs, or according to what Malekith says at least. ;)

High Elves: To stem the flow of Chaos and repel almost all Druchii invasion forces. Oh and to practice boring things like watering pot plants and such.

But hey, I might just be a little bias. :)

Interesting side note, if you are to look a bit deeper into the history between the two races. You can see how each race trade blow for blows as you see how each side glorifies its triumphs. A successful assassination of one of a prince of the higher order is over shadowed by a Druchii invasion force being sunk out at sea.

Such acts like Kouran butchering the inhabitants of Tor Anroc, only to be over shadowed by Kouran running into Prince Tyrion and being killed off within an instant. Famous Dark Elf characters don't have a tendency to stay alive for too long (bar Malekith and Morathi), not when Tyrion or his brother are still around. Another example is Eltharion successfully raiding Naggarond, only for him to be captured by Malekith himself, unfortunately, we didn't get to murder Eltharion and so GW was happy with us just blinding him, only to make him even stronger and actually going toe to toe with Malekith in a sword duel which is no easy feat. Oh and don’t get me starting on Urian and his fight with Tyrion.

Sorry, went way off topic, so I’ll just add one more thing which is slightly on topic. Tor Anlec will always be the centre of attention for Malekith, every single time a full scale invasion of Ulthuan goes underway, Tor Anlec is always the first to be captured and rebuilt. While this might be a sound strategy to some, the amount of times Malekith has done this is almost infuriating as we never get to see any change in his battle plans. Perhaps this is why we are seeing a decrease in the time it takes to expel an invading force by the High Elves.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I don't think the war was in full swing throughout the whole war in the case of the century long ones, the Druchii took a great deal of land and although I doubt there were anything like formal ceasefires there were probably long periods where both sides licked their wounds and got ready for renewed hostilities. I tend to think of the conflict between high and dark elves much like the conflicts between the French and the English, though obviously the elven versions are far more intense and long lasting. The Hundred years war may have lasted a hundred years (actually a bit longer I think though I would have to check) but that didn't mean there were battles every day or even every year.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Carolus
Executioner

Post by Carolus »

The hundred years war was a combination of wars followed by ceasefires or even peace every now and then, before hostilities were renewed.

I tend to think of the elven version as a something similar to this, but as Drainial said, longer and more intense.