kouran of the Black Gaurd

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

kouran of the Black Gaurd

Post by Saintofm »

Here's an idea that I'm wondering what the veterans think.

In the Lord of Ruin book in the Malus Dark Blade saga, Malekeith's personal black guard are called Immortals because they are always 1000 of them, and they have no individual names, at least not ones they give anyone outside of their circle.

That said we have a few named Black Guard. So here is my thinking: Each name is a title bestowed on the Tower Master. That way you can have one Kouran, then have him killed by the next one on the field of honor. The next tower master would do would do likewise. Eventually the strongest of the twenty would be in command of all of them, and thus becoming captain.

Am I thinking too hard on this?
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Dialeth
Warrior

Post by Dialeth »

Well, usually I think that all the inmortal stuff from Malus´s books are a misunderstanding of DE by the author, other wise it sounds pretty good
we are the most graceful race. we can slay you in a thousant exquisit ways.
Join the Edotheism
Say NO to spotify
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

There allways seems to be a pretty clear distinction between black guard and immortals in the MD books, to me at least. There is no particular reason to think that you are wrong but neither is there any to think that you are right.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

I understand the black library is pretty much sanctioned fan fiction, so only when the heads of GW like will they make it official. That said, it's an interesting point of view at least.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

As far as i know there were actually black guard at ghrond, showing that these are 2 diffrent factions, i think you should see the immortals more as a secret police/retainers, then the royal bodyguard which are the black guard. Black guard are warriors while the immortals concist of knightly fighters and casters (i refrain from the word sorcerresses, as they seemed limited in magic)