Drachuau of Karond Kar

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Kajchi
Dark Rider

Drachuau of Karond Kar

Post by Kajchi »

So, I've been wondering...

Who would the Drachau of Karond Kar be? To me the most logical answer would be beastlord Rakarth. But when reading the Malus Darkblade books, it's sadi that some guy named Nerein the cruel is Drachau...

The only reason I can think of is that Rakarth is rather young, and thus hadn't yet risen to power during Malus' visit to Karond Kar. Seeing as in the current timeline Malus has already gotten his soul back and has become Drachau of Hag Graef it could be possible. Any other ideas or opinions?

P.S. For any that don't know, the Drachau is the leader of a Druchii city.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Official fluffchanges from time to time, so things might have changed since then.

Also, the kast Dracau may have met an untily accident while training a hydra, and our belovid beastlord had to take his responsabilitis as ruler of the city :twisted:
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Dialeth
Warrior

Post by Dialeth »

Ok
1st Malus books are settled several decades back from the curren fluff point ( Malus got his soul back, then go to albion´s campaign, there earns some disttinctions from there to the latest invasion of ulthuan, where aftewr Kouran being killed by Tirion becomes general)

2nd Rakarth is just a very talented beastmaster, not necesarily the drachau
we are the most graceful race. we can slay you in a thousant exquisit ways.
Join the Edotheism
Say NO to spotify
Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

I doubt beastlord rakarth would be drachau, I doubt he could actually.
The drachau is leader of a city, all nobles commit their oaths of fealty to him. Under him is the vaulkhar, the leader of a city's army. I doubt rakarth would be him as well. I think this because, if i remember correcly, Rakarth was just a lowly beastmaster with a gift. But he isn't nobility, and a city would not obey him that fast. Also Karond kar is the main city for the building of our ships, so i assume him to be a more trade related druchii. Rakarth isn't one to lock up in a city, but have him in action, or on his own gathering fame. Or as trusted general, in the witch kings own court.
Dialeth
Warrior

Post by Dialeth »

well i recall that is the young son of a noble but a very talented one,
what I found:
http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Beastlord_Rakarth
Join the Edotheism
Say NO to spotify
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

He has a dragon, not exactly a common mount in any sense of the word. The WIki says he's malekeith's personal advisor on matters of beasts and such. The fact the he, not one of the nobles, got that position says something about him. That, and considering the unofficial rules he had back in the day, he may have taken the corsair aproach and earned his way into nobility via the end of a sword.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Dialeth
Warrior

Post by Dialeth »

well, the first Brachhus was a dark steed, but the old fluff said that it was killed in a battle against dark elves
Join the Edotheism
Say NO to spotify
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

He was/is the son of a lord, not to say that he is neccesarily Drachau but he is noble.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Kajchi
Dark Rider

Post by Kajchi »

I'm in line with saintofm's thought proces. I really get the vibe that he was from some underdog house, and then climbed his way up to the top with his extraordinary skills. Secondly, seeing as he's one of the witch king's advisors, chances are large that he has a very high status in Naggaroth. Most logically would either be a Drachau or Vaulkhar.

flash29 wrote:Also Karond kar is the main city for the building of our ships, so i assume him to be a more trade related druchii. Rakarth isn't one to lock up in a city, but have him in action, or on his own gathering fame. Or as trusted general, in the witch kings own court.

Actually, I thought Clar karond was the main dockyard of Naggaroth, Karond Kar is more of a passageway. It would be more logical aswel, because Karond Kar is on an island. Thus pretty useless as a main trade point.
Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

yup srry my fault, got the 2 city's confused. I still doubt he would actually lead a city, I see him more as a advisor at malekiths court, maybe the second in command for malekiths dragonriders. I just don't see someone as creal and viceous as beast lord rakart, enjoying the simple pleasures torturing defenceless slavesand whatnot.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

His father got his hands on a Black Dragon, clearly the house was not very weak.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Kajchi
Dark Rider

Post by Kajchi »

Good point... Didn't it get changed into a horse though? Gonna check GW site...

EDIT: GW website says that it was a black dragon from the start. Guess the change got changed then xD
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

The skills needed for running a city and for controlling monsters aren't likely to be the same. Also being one of Malekith's advisors is a high ranking position meaning he doesn't really need the additonial rank of being Drachau.

Furthermore the Malus Darkblade books shows that Malekith is perfectly willing to promote virtual unknowns (e.g Malus) to high positions in his retinue based on merit.
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

Fingol23 wrote:
Furthermore the Malus Darkblade books shows that Malekith is perfectly willing to promote virtual unknowns (e.g Malus) to high positions in his retinue based on merit.

Well this ain't realy true now is it, malekith was the son of a vaulkhar, killed a vaulhar then led a army against hag greaf and gathered reknown and fame for his ability's, he also wounded the drachau of hag greaf and shocked him so much isilvar had the opportunity to rise to power. he wasn't exacly a nobody.
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

Malus was the bastard son of a Vaulkhar and a wanted fugitive, not someone of high standing at court.
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Dialeth
Warrior

Post by Dialeth »

Yes, but he is the only survivor son (I seem to recall another, but he is banished) and he has distinguished himself in the defense of grhond first and in the campaign of Albion and in Ulthuan later (He managed to trick the HE army)
Join the Edotheism
Say NO to spotify
Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

Dialeth wrote:Yes, but he is the only survivor son (I seem to recall another, but he is banished) and he has distinguished himself in the defense of grhond first and in the campaign of Albion and in Ulthuan later (He managed to trick the HE army)

his brother isilvar still lives in the novels I believe, the fleshy one.
Dialeth
Warrior

Post by Dialeth »

flash29 wrote:his brother isilvar still lives in the novels I believe, the fleshy one.

Yeah, but I remember that he was a slaanesh worshipper and ran away....
Join the Edotheism
Say NO to spotify
Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

Dialeth wrote:
flash29 wrote:his brother isilvar still lives in the novels I believe, the fleshy one.

Yeah, but I remember that he was a slaanesh worshipper and ran away....

nyaa he wasn't found out and became vaulkhar. made a deal with his sister to trap malus in ghrond