THe Bloody Handed

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Sweeping death
Shade

THe Bloody Handed

Post by Sweeping death »

Hi mates,

just read the book and actually liked it quite a lot! I never had very much sympathy for the Witch Elves, being more a malekith/naggarythe military guy and the book managed to show a very interesting description and development of the Cult of Khaine and Hellebron, from its roots as a dedicated warrior cult and kind of Aenarion worship to its use as political terror tool.

It´s a fast read and I liked the illustrations too. It´s probably overpriced, but I´d recommend it to people interested in Druchii background and history.

I´d like to start a conversation with other comrades that have alse read it.

Cheers!
[/i]There was no sin in Naggaroth save weakness: the Witch King commanded the fealty of conquerors and slave masters - anything less was prey. [/i] Malus Darkblade

Pictures of my army:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=67423
My Rorhirrim:
http://z10.invisionfree.com/LOTR_Brasil ... st=0&#last
Sweeping death
Shade

Post by Sweeping death »

Nobody here at druchiinet read it? Got interested in reading it? It´s about the birth of the Temple, the Witch Elves and Hellebron after all!
[/i]There was no sin in Naggaroth save weakness: the Witch King commanded the fealty of conquerors and slave masters - anything less was prey. [/i] Malus Darkblade

Pictures of my army:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=67423
My Rorhirrim:
http://z10.invisionfree.com/LOTR_Brasil ... st=0&#last
Bitterman
Beastmaster

Post by Bitterman »

Yeah I read it. I thought it was really poor. Hellebron murders people, nobody tries to stop her or even bats an eyelid, so she keeps murdering people, the end.

The corruption of an enlightened civilisation into one controlled by fear, and dominated by murder and assassination, would be subtle. This book was as subtle as a brick.

Though at least it was better than Shadow King. Begads, that was awful.
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Heh, agreed on Shadow king. Best advice for new readers of that; read the first hundred pages, then skip to the last 30 or so.

I haven't read The bloody handed yet. I'll wait till I see a cheap copy somewhere. BL didn't do a good job of selling why I'd spend so much on such a short book and I don't have a lot of spare time for bad fiction these days anyway.
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Though at least it was better than Shadow King. Begads, that was awful.

It was indeed. I'm afraid I have probably read my last Gavin Thorpe book. The first hundred pages have a couple of good points, the rest ... well, this thread is not about that book so I'll reign in my displeasure :x

So I'm afraid I can't comment on this book. Though I like the idea of illustrated books if the illustrations are good, and these do look nice (but not at all in the style of Gustav Doré, Mr. Thorpe) I don't have the money for overpriced pretty things at the moment, so even were it not by him I would have to not buy it. Also, being such a limited edition work, you might struggle to find many who have, which could be one reason for the lack of replies. It's not that we don't love our Druchii*! :x

Perhaps GW will reprint this in a less-pretty version, or even as a print on demand title in straight print, no pictures - I think they are doing this more now? That might get the story to a wider audience. Looking at the site they promise it won't be reprinted anywhere for at least 2 years, so it may be a wait, but it's possible.

*... otherwise they tend to come round to your house at night and 'explain' why this is a bad idea and disloyalty to the Witch King.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~