mercenary help

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Blondshade
Executioner

mercenary help

Post by Blondshade »

how often do dark elves get help from the ogres?
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

As often as they need to, but I suspect not that often. I doubt there is anything concrete on the subject but we can have an educated guess.

If we look at the map we find that the ogre kingdoms are pretty much landlocked (if memory serves) certainly it is a considerable distance from the usual raiding areas. Also for raiding missions they mostly wouldn't be much good as you are after a quick and quiet strike to round up the civilians rather than bludgeoning them to death and being forced to feed the slaves to your employees. So there is that against it.

On the other hand there are many reasons why a dark elf general might need some mercenaries and for there to be ogres available. Man-eaters in particular move around allot so it doesn't really matter where you are raiding/campaigning. I doubt they would have any problem hiring mercenaries, no doubt seeing them as entirely disposable killing machines.

Like I said that's all speculation but in summary probably not often, but if the situation allows for/ calls for it then there is no real reason why not.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Ogres are often employed by chaos, and a few heading towards the land of chill from the wastelands, so a few may want to switch sides.

A few may comadeer a boat or hitch a ride, and explore regions other ogres may have missed. Ogres enjoy eating, violence, and all have this insatiably need to go exploring, and being mercenary provides all three. Fighting druchii or being cannon fodder for them would also give them a good chance for this as well.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra