Malekith's Eye Color

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Norelle
Executioner

Malekith's Eye Color

Post by Norelle »

I've just been pondering this for some time and I'm just wondering, what you'r personal head canon have as Malekith's eye color? The Sundering novel simply says he inheirited Aenarion's dark eyes, this makes me picture him with black hair and black eyes. What do you think?
Also another question, was Aenarion blond?

EDIT : I'm talking about what his eye color was before he was burned. Also, I don't think Aenarion was of Nagarythe.
Last edited by Norelle on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Crimson red. Blood of fallen angels red. Glow in the dark and creep people out red. :P

Seriously, though, good question. With dark, I'm thinking black or very dark grey.

No idea about Aenarion's hairdo.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

He's a Lv4 Wizard, so I guess it depends on his mood.
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

According to the warhammer online comic book, Malekith's eyes are white (he did BURN remember?) with a tendency to glow when he wishes it.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

I imagine Aenarion's hair was red: Wild, strong and passionate like the larger than life legend that he was, but also bearing a noble, tragic heroism to it. And yes, I do have red hair :D
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

They were also glowing green on the 6th edition cover.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I would have thought Aenarion's hair would be dark, he was of Nagrythe after all though Malekith’s was white in the 6th ed army book (then again that’s after five millennia and a few rather stressful experiences, burning and being thrown through hell and the like).

Myself I think Malekith would not have his original eyes, they would probably have been blinded in the fire. I picture magical glass eyes which change according to his mood, no backing for that though.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Drainial, the Sundering novel does seem to imply he has his eyes still (but not his eyelids).
Archon_matt
Cold One Knight

Post by Archon_matt »

I've always imagined Aenarion as black-haired and blue-eyed. Malekith, I imagine, would have had piercing blue eyes and black hair in his youth, but after the crisis in the Shrine, his hair would have gone white and his eyes a cold, soulless grey.
I am a proud member of The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
8th Edition
W/L/D
10/2/0

Sirenis Helbane (Group 35)
WS:4 S:4 T:2 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Heavy Armour, Helmet, Draich, Dagger (Combat).
Skills: Basic Heal
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Archon_Matt wrote:I've always imagined Aenarion as black-haired and blue-eyed. Malekith, I imagine, would have had piercing blue eyes and black hair in his youth, but after the crisis in the Shrine, his hair would have gone white and his eyes a cold, soulless grey.

Would he even have hair anymore?
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I think hair regrowth would have been one of the easier problems to overcome in his magical recovery from the brink of death.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Heh, the 'Caledor' book seems to hint he is bald, that is why.
Archon_matt
Cold One Knight

Post by Archon_matt »

I just remember a line from the 6th Ed. army book in which he removes his helmet and a "mane of silver/white hair falls upon his shoulders". It was in the really weird Malekith/Morathi pre-incestuous escapade story.
I am a proud member of The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
8th Edition
W/L/D
10/2/0

Sirenis Helbane (Group 35)
WS:4 S:4 T:2 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Heavy Armour, Helmet, Draich, Dagger (Combat).
Skills: Basic Heal
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well he is one of the world's mightiest mages, if he decides he wants hair then he can have hair.

Gentleman of Moderation
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

I really need to read that story. XD
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

6th Ed army books are going pretty cheep on ebay these days, worth it just for the background I would say. In my opinion the writing is far better than the current army book.

Gentleman of Moderation
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Ok, any idea where I can find the Warhammer Online Graphic Novel without buying the game?
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

He also had an impressive beard apparently in 6th rd to. I guess when you 5000 ears old you just don't care to shave anymore.
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Gah, I hate bearded Elves, head canon has them all without facial hair, men and women. But back on topic, we were discussing eye color of Malekith, and what they meant by dark eyes.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

saintofm wrote:He also had an impressive beard apparently in 6th rd to. I guess when you 5000 ears old you just don't care to shave anymore.

Really? Where did you get that from? I certainly never saw anything along those lines, are you sure your not confusing him with Snorri Whitebeard?

Gentleman of Moderation
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

I believe it's in the same story where he takes his helm off as he enter's his mother's chambers
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

There's no beard in that story :) He does have silver-white hair:

"He removed his helmet and a long mane of silver white hair fell about his shoulders." Dark Power, 6th Ed Army book, page 73 (but good luck in finding page numbers in that book ...)

The story doesn't get as far as eye colour but there is also a pic in the 5th Ed book of Malekith in a chariot pulled by Cold Ones. It's black and white and he does have the same hair, while his eyes are a sort of glowing pale colour. It's hard to tell what this is in black and white, of course. He's also casting some kind of spell so it could be that that's why they're glowing. In the latest Army Book his picture has the same eyes - pale glowing while casting a spell.

Aenarion was originally from Avelorn:

"Little is known of Aenarion's early life. It is said that he was an adventurer, one of those restless souls who led a small band of followers from the eternal peace of Avelorn to seek his fate in distant lands." 5th Ed High Elf Army Book, p.15.

By way of roundabout evidence Tyrion is supposed to look quite a bit like Aenarion, and he's described as a blond in the same book and the latest edition ("yellow-maned", actually). So for these reasons I've always thought of Aenarion as a blue-eyed blond, i.e. typical High Elf Prince model.

I think of Aenarion and Morathi as having blue eyes, while her hair is dark in all the pictures of her in the Army Books I've seen. I have no justification for this that I can find but I personally think it's from her that Malekith gets his colouring. so he would have had blue eyes, once upon a time.

That's what I think, anyway :)

6th Ed did have more atmospheric background writing; though it had a few off-beam moments (not to say off-colour ...) the feel of it was much more old school Dark Elves. It's definitely worth getting hold of. I have all the Army Books on account of being a fluff nut ('obsession' such a negative word ... :P ).

I think the official line on novels is "semi-canon, sort of, maybe with a bit of artistic licence". I don't really refer to the Sundering novels on account of not being a fan of Gav Thorpe's style, but if you like the Malus Darkblade book these were written when the 6th Edition Army Book was the most up to date version. In these books, Malekith has glowing eyes like the embers of a forge, but then he is never seen without his helmet on and his armour seeps a red glow around the joints.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

I'm glad there's no beard in that story, I don't like bearded Elves. XP